No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
:(

100_9416housewithclouds-1.jpg

100_9424extreemblackandwhite-1.jpg

100_9453window-1.jpg

That sucks. But on the bright side it made for some cool pictures. I like the last one best, but I will say I'm not crazy about the double border.

I like the first picture as well. That burnt house look like an unkempt colonial building.

Yeah I don't love the B+Ws either, but that first one is great. Would be even better if you could shoot at dawn and get some nice red light on the brickwork.

Thanks guys! I'd love to hear why the b&w photos aren't appealing to you....are they processed too 'extreemly' for your taste??

This house is one I have photographed before....it was an abandoned farm house, but the fields were still being used. I was pretty upset to hear the place burnt. As far as I know the blaze is suspicious. ...There was no electricity to the house, or anything that might have accidentally started the fire. I was going for a "tragic" feel to teh photos.

the b&w do look over processed, and not effectively so. you lost a lot of the contrast and sharpness in the conversion. though im sure if you tried a few different methods, you could come up with a nice B&W of the first shot.

Thanks guys! I'd love to hear why the b&w photos aren't appealing to you....are they processed too 'extreemly' for your taste??

This house is one I have photographed before....it was an abandoned farm house, but the fields were still being used. I was pretty upset to hear the place burnt. As far as I know the blaze is suspicious. ...There was no electricity to the house, or anything that might have accidentally started the fire. I was going for a "tragic" feel to teh photos.

yeah, to be honest with you i do feel they are too over processed for my liking, but it depends what your taste is!!

a lot of b&w conversions can get out of hand if you play with it too much. if you keep it simple it will yield better results (imo).

like this one i did in about 8 seconds. lol. (most of which was spent opening photoshop)

house.jpg

of course i could have played with the levels and curves, maybe dodge and burn a bit to get a little more emphasis on certain parts, but when you keep it simple you still get a clean look.

but as ThornleyGroves said. it really depends on your style and what you're in to.

a lot of b&w conversions can get out of hand if you play with it too much. if you keep it simple it will yield better results (imo).

like this one i did in about 8 seconds. lol. (most of which was spent opening photoshop)

house.jpg

of course i could have played with the levels and curves, maybe dodge and burn a bit to get a little more emphasis on certain parts, but when you keep it simple you still get a clean look.

but as ThornleyGroves said. it really depends on your style and what you're in to.

now that i like! very nice, like the contrasts on the clouds :)

Most reactions

Back