This is a test....

Arkanjel Imaging

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Testing out the new Nikon 105mm about the yard today.

Some type of leafhopper. This is probably a 100% crop. The shot is rotated. He was actually upside down on the bottom of a palmetto. R1 kit to the rescue!

4819875500_ffc362cc98.jpg

And your token d-fly test shot. :lol:

4819875906_76ab41bba3.jpg

Edit: zoom on detail of above image.

4819981180_f50cd4bd3e.jpg

Really happy with the lens. Man the dof is crazy thin up close! Handholding at 1:1 is going to take some practice.

Last edited:
Thanks.

Cant wait for the weekend so I can actually get some practice in! Got mad respect for NateS shot discipline. So hard to stay relaxed when you know you might only get one fleeting shot. *ok, breeeeeeeathe*

Though I have never tried it, I am always impressed by these sorts of insect photographs.

Thanks.

Cant wait for the weekend so I can actually get some practice in! Got mad respect for NateS shot discipline. So hard to stay relaxed when you know you might only get one fleeting shot. *ok, breeeeeeeathe*

Thanks for that...I don't think people realize how hard this stuff is until they actually try it.....won't be long and you'll be wanting more magnification too which just adds to it all....lol.

These shots are very good. Probably as good or better than my first few shots when I went 1:1 and that was only about 5 months ago. I'm sure you will be showing me a thing or two before long :thumbup:

I think it will be a while before I go for more mag. I can see a focusing rail for tripod work in the near future though.

Most reactions

Back