This is addicting! Oh hey~!

Matzy

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi~! Im new to photography, after getting my first cam last black friday sale, which was a Canon SX120 IS, I was thrilled. Immediately got hooked on photography.

But after weeks, I noticed I wasnt really happy with the result, I wanted a DSLR, so I returned the cam and is now waiting for my order of a new DSLR.

More about me, hmm, college student. 20 yrs old ;)

Well thats all, Im looking forward to posting alot in this forum, Im so excited :mrgreen:

Welcome and enjoy! What DSLR did you order?

Welcome...keep in mind that there is a lot of learning involved in being any good at photography, even if you have an eye for it. Don't expect SLR pics to be automatically worlds better than your point and shoot...and one thing I realized when going from one of those p&S that had big time zooms on them is you are much more limited with your stock lens...I had to go get a telephoto lens like immediately lol. Otherwise its awesome...I love my SLR and have had so much fun learning how to use it.

And ditto...what did you order?

Welcome...keep in mind that there is a lot of learning involved in being any good at photography, even if you have an eye for it. Don't expect SLR pics to be automatically worlds better than your point and shoot...and one thing I realized when going from one of those p&S that had big time zooms on them is you are much more limited with your stock lens...I had to go get a telephoto lens like immediately lol. Otherwise its awesome...I love my SLR and have had so much fun learning how to use it.

And ditto...what did you order?

I totally agree with jensgt. I have had my DSLR since 2006, and am just barely starting to understand more about pictures. I used to just wing it, and I had some nice pictures. But I have started to learn more about post processing and composition. I may have known how to use a camera, but now I know a little more about how to take a photo.

Welcome and happy shooting!

Well one of my friend suggested the Canon EOS 1000D, I got the kit. Thats the only one I can afford, lolz! I read a lot of good comments about it though. Bought the Canon 50mm f/1.8 prime lens too.

Ive been reading alot on the internet, and been borrowing lots of photography books too~

So Im really hyped! I would totally go on a shooting spree after final exams are over :mrgreen:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back