This is going to be fun..

coastalconn

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
So I finally ponied up and got a Canon 500 F4 IS. It won't be here until next week, But I went out with a friend this morning that owns the same lens and shot with it for a few hours.. I didn't fine tune it or anything so focus was a little off.
It is a big MoFo weighing in at 8.5#. But I found it somewhat manageable hand held for not being used to it. It is a serious chunk of glass. Anyways here are a few from this morning. I've been on a parakeet kick lately since they just seem so strange hanging out in pine trees. It is super hard to catch them in flight as they blend into the background.. Thanks for looking and comments welcome..
With the 500 F4
Monk Parakeet in flight 5_22 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Monk Parakeet in flight 5_22 2 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Snowy Egret 5_22 1 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

With the 400 F5.6
Monk Parakeet 5_21 4 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Monk Parakeet 5_21 3 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Cedar Waxwing in Blossoms 5_19 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Monk Parakeet 5_21 6 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

Monk Parakeet 5_21 5 by Kristofer Rowe, on Flickr

You're going to love that lens, obviously. One of the worst things I ever did was try my friends 500 f4, hard going back to the Tamron after, as much as I love the lens

Kris, very nice shots. I didn't know that there were parakeets in Connecticut. Indigenous, or feral - just curious.

WesternGuy

Great set. Really like #5. Maybe because the parakeet emulates your logo.

Lovely set as always.

Is your logo new, I haven't noticed it before, now that I do I think it distracts from your photographs

Wow these are great shots.I met a guy at the CT Audubon society in Devon with that lens and he was walking around with slung over his shoulder attached to a mono pod. It is a big lens,no doubt.

You're going to love that lens, obviously. One of the worst things I ever did was try my friends 500 f4, hard going back to the Tamron after, as much as I love the lens
Yup, it's a big difference in many ways. I decided the only compromise I wanted to make anymore was weight. Probably end up needing shoulder surgery at some point, but it will be fun while it lasts, lol..

Kris, very nice shots. I didn't know that there were parakeets in Connecticut. Indigenous, or feral - just curious.
WesternGuy
Thanks WG, Honestly no one really knows how or when they got here.. Monk Parakeets Damned Connecticut

Great set. Really like #5. Maybe because the parakeet emulates your logo.
Thanks! LOL, if I could only get an eagle to emulate my logo..

Very nice set.
Thank you sir!

Lovely set as always.

Is your logo new, I haven't noticed it before, now that I do I think it distracts from your photographs
I have been using the logo for 5 months. I had many images stolen that went viral on the likes of twitter, pinterest and the others where they just cropped off my simple watermark. I know it's distracting, but it is large to make it harder to crop off. I know the pros that want to steal it will just clone it off, but at the noobs won't be able to... Some of my posts on FB get 100K views and I know that many people out there are just sticking on their phones or computers for wallpaper and at least the logo will still be there..

Wow these are great shots.I met a guy at the CT Audubon society in Devon with that lens and he was walking around with slung over his shoulder attached to a mono pod. It is a big lens,no doubt.
Thanks DS. hmm, wonder if it is someone I know? was it a 500 or 600?

500 If I recall correctly,he was older maybe 60 isn,he said he used to shoot pro Car racing.

Kris, thanks for the link to the "origin" of the parakeets. This is obviously another case of the unknown origin, where everybody thinks they know where they came from. What I found interesting is that Connecticut isn't the only place they are found. A DNA study might prove interesting?

WesternGuy

Most reactions

Back