This is striking

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by ^vindicator!, Nov 2, 2006.

1. ^vindicator!

^vindicator! TPF Noob!

Hello,
    what happened to me - probably never happened to many. I have mounted macro/wide angle lenses on my regular 15-55mm canon lens, which come stock with XTi. And what happened next is trully unbelievable. The macro ring got stuck on the lens. So when I tried to take it off, only the wide angle lens would go, leaving the ring on the lens. And I tried and tried to take the little ring off, but I cant. It is just stuck. This is the .4" part on the bottom of the additional wide angle/macro lenses here:
    http://www.plus-foto.com/images/prod/m-image/lens-002-a.jpg
    I appreciate your input... this has driven me crazy, since I had to take photos with wide angle lenses and all that vignetting in making me sick.

2. midget patrol

midget patrol TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    It sounds like there might be a little bit of dirt in there. That would be just enough to do it. Of course, you would have to turn the lens pretty hard to get it to come off that ring.

if you have a strap wrench, try that. If not, you can find them at home depot.

Otherwise, take a hammer and screw-driver and tap on the threads, only lightly enough to "break" the locked thread. Be really careful of the lens element. In fact, cover it with something like a lens cap.

3. ^vindicator!

^vindicator! TPF Noob!

Wow midget... that I was thinking about when I really got mad because I could not atke it off but then I calmed down a little and told myself: "man you just save yourself a good lenses because if you used raw power you would be one lens poorer". Well I guess I was wrong. Thanks for input.

4. Remi M.

Remi M. TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    If you can't find a strap wrench try putting a thick rubber band on it and turning.

5. Torus34

Torus34 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Locate a rubber band that fits the ring. It may provide enough additional friction between your fingers and the ring to permit removal.