this is surreal

Osmer_Toby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
six outs away from the winning the world series for the first time since.... 1918.

i am not going to know how to feel after this if they win. my whole life, my team has always broken my heart, every year without fail. how to act when we win it all? how to feel?

right now i'm just numb. this is surreal.

i'm sitting here stunned. just stunned. god what a catharsis. or at least i think so- i have no feeling what ever at the moment, i'm kinda floatin and devoid of all sensory input and emotional output. it is an extremely wierd feeling, unlike anything i've ever felt, or more accurately, not felt.

i'm probably not making sense.

malachite said:
voodoocat said:
malachite said:
Being a Denver Broncos fan all my life I know exactly how you feel :wink:
Forget what you were gonna say or was that just a "No kidding!"..... :wink:

Noah probably started crying when Voods yelled at the TV.... :p

It's like being a Braves fan, watching them get ::this close:: year after year, till they finally won the damn thing. Been back to the same old ::this close:: ever since, too!

Congrats to Boston! :cheer:

Better than being an Arizona <insert loser team name here> fan. Granted the Diamandbacks won a world series but the next season was only a set-up for the most embarassing season ever. When the guys @ Sportcenter say "and now for the Diamondbacks......what can you say? They suck!"

Yup, back on schedule with your typical AZ sports team performance.

Osmer_Toby said:
i'm sitting here stunned. just stunned. god what a catharsis. or at least i think so- i have no feeling what ever at the moment, i'm kinda floatin and devoid of all sensory input and emotional output. it is an extremely wierd feeling, unlike anything i've ever felt, or more accurately, not felt.

i'm probably not making sense.

Congrats Toby on a well played WS!! They deserve every bit of the glory, a team that was nearly brought to its knees by the NY Yanks but refused to give up. And then they won 8 in a row!!! Talk about coming out of Bambino's curse!!

Now, take some time off to celebrate!... Sam Adams for me and all the Red Sox buddies here.

:cheers: :cheers: :cheers: :cheers:

yaaaaaaaa! i am one happy s.o.b. this morning!!! what a fricken wonderful feeling!!!!!!!

i have been a fan for 35 years- my earliest memories are of luis tiant on the mound, the boomer at first base, yaz in left field. i can distinctly remember where i was in '78 when my boys lost a 1 game playoff to the yanks. i remember exactly where i was when buckner f-ed up in '86. i have bled so many times i had almost nothing left in me- like sox fans everywhere, i refused to abandon them, but oh how pale and undead i became over the years.

and now, the boys have finally driven a stake through the heart of the curse, severed its head, stuffed it with garlic, and buried it far from the body.

i am alive, for the first time ever, truly alive at the end of the world series. what a helluva feeling!!!!

Well, I'm happy to inform you that you have ME to thank! That's right, ME! ;)

See, I am absolutely NOT a baseball fan! However, I was bored and started watching game 4 of the series against the Yankees, the first game I've watched in YEARS! Amazingly enough, I was actually entertained, so I watched the next 7 games as well....and what do you know....I BROKE THE CURSE! :eyebrows: :lmao: :LOL:
:smileys:

When the Sox have a terrible season next year, just remember that the reason is me no longer having an interest in them! 8) :lol:

Chase said:
Well, I'm happy to inform you that you have ME to thank! That's right, ME! ;)

See, I am absolutely NOT a baseball fan! However, I was bored and started watching game 4 of the series against the Yankees, the first game I've watched in YEARS! Amazingly enough, I was actually entertained, so I watched the next 7 games as well....and what do you know....I BROKE THE CURSE! :eyebrows: :lmao: :LOL:
:smileys:

When the Sox have a terrible season next year, just remember that the reason is me no longer having an interest in them! 8) :lol:

Talk like that will make for an interesting situation in JT.... :D

Most reactions

Back