This is the beginner's forum right?

After you all create your Utopia here, I'd suggest you tackle people driving. Or maybe even grocery store etiquette.

Come on, we've managed to turn a potential hate fest into a love fest. Not so bad for a couple days work. If only we could do the same with political matters...

Please read the thread about C&C linked in my sig.

I'd forgotten about that one. Probably because I had to leave mid-argument but, yes, I just re-read it, and it was a very good thread. I'm even amazed at what cool things I can say sometimes :lmao:

Just look in the mirror. Aren't most military people really just big pussies instead of the bad-asses they want to think they are? :lmao:

Btw, I'm only partially kidding. Over the years, I've found that most hard-asses are actually big pussies. Rub them the right way and they start purring. The only military people who seriously disturbed me were a unit of the French Foreign Legion I followed for a few weeks once.

IMHO....all this time discussing this tired and boring thread would be better put to use telling use noobs we suck and and how to fix it. I don't care if your nice or not. Just someone end this thread please!!!!!!!

:thumbup: Let's move on, says the man who seems to keep coming back even though he said he was moving on. :lol:

.........To summarize: Join date doesn't matter! Content does!
Aren't we testy tonight? I do believe this rebuttal is an affirmation of what the OP was concerned about in a covert manner. The way a thread can so easily derail by ego. Yours or mine, it does not matter. Someone has to get the last word in. It's not likely to be mine, but neither do I care. I suppose the right thing to do is take ownership and admit that I neglected to add a smiley at the end of my initial response of "All 11 months on them." :lol: My bad, does that help the boo-boo? As I mentioned earlier, one can only go on the facts as they are presented (in reference to join date), one can also make assessments on the tone and viciousness of ones' defensive rhetoric. It is a shame that some people have such a low knowledge, useage or understanding of satire. The fact you want to go on the attack with such a miniscule accelerant speaks volumes of your content and your (on-line) character. You, sir or madam, have nothing to offer of any great substance in my view if this is your best retort. Undoubtedly, I will match wits with better adversaries that can use a sharp tounge without the degradation of persona. However, sadly I must also admit that none of my comments in this thread have contributed any real significance to the topic. Perhaps I should just sashay off: exit stage left. Wheeeeeeee.............

Don't feel like reading your block-o-text. Next time, try splitting your ideas into paragraphs, mmm-kay? You aren't worth my time anymore, and the fact that you still don't get the point (since you're still arguing) tells me that pride has finally crept in. You win? Does that feel good? Now back to the subject at hand.

The problem with what the OP is bringing up isn't so much that there's a huge pattern of "Your photo sucks!" so much as a pattern of people being honest and telling what they dislike about a photo. I asked for examples of threads where people are newbie bashing, and I still haven't seen it. I'm not saying it isn't going on, but I am fairly certain it's not as big of a problem as the OP believes it is.

To answer the OP's question, is this a beginners forum or not. The answer is yes. It's a place for beginners to go and get honest feedback about their work so they can get better. If people don't want this feedback, go post in the Just For Fun forum. There you won't have to worry about being given feedback. You won't progress from being a beginner either, but you can keep your feelings intact also.

The moment my photographic skills got better was the moment I stopped taking the C&C I was getting personally. People were rude and abrasive, but most importantly, they were honest! I've never had someone say anything like "Your photos suck." Separate your emotions from your photograph and what people are saying and I can guarantee you will start to see an improvement in your work.

I must mention this also. If you don't really care to get better (and there are some of you out there, I'm sure), then maybe this really isn't the place for you. Of all the photography forums I've gone to, this is the most honest. It comes off as abrasive, but at least you will get some good feedback that you can use to make your photograph better.

I like the direct method. Don't waste words (because I can't type fast). One of the problems with chats/IM/texting/e-mail is the loss of verbal cues that let the reader know the tone of the answer--so try not to read too much into a critique. IT IS WHAT IT IS. Choose to listen and learn or move on.

The fact that you have not yet been royally flamed after posting your original comment, proves the quality of the people using this forum.

Most reactions

Back