This is what we call "satire". Another self-portrait. C&C.

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by TheMightyGoat, May 26, 2009.

1. TheMightyGoat

TheMightyGoat TPF Noob!

[​IMG]

2. Thematically it's good, but in terms of lighting it would benefit from some light on the left side of your face. Also, the weapons on the wall could stand a little light. And finally, you seem a little soft. I assume this was a long exposure with available light, so sitting still for a second or longer is difficult - I know, I must have a hundred self-portraits that have slight motion blur.

3. TheMightyGoat

TheMightyGoat TPF Noob!

The picture was taken in a narrow closet, so I had two options: Light straight ahead of me, or light at a 90 degree angle to me (coming in from the doorway). I set a lamp up in the doorway to take the shot. But, yes, it was still a long exposure, and it's not sharp.

I'm curious though if anyone can tell where I've edited this picture. It's actually comprised of two images I took, because I liked certain aspects of two different shots. So I combined them together (and they were even shot at different ISOs). Does it show?