This looks interesting! (160mp 6x17)

Discussion in 'Photography Equipment & Products' started by Bifurcator, Aug 24, 2008.

1. Bifurcator

Bifurcator TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    The Swiss made Seitz 6x17 digital 160 megapixel camera!

• Create a high-resolution (160 million pixel) 6x17 digital scan in just one second
    • Capture action thanks to a minimum exposure speed of 1/2000 sec. (per pixel) - images full of speed, motion and life!
    • Benefit from an outstanding image quality in virtually all light situations:
      • - 16-bit per channel (48-bit RGB) colour depth
      • - anti-blooming
      • - low noise
      • - dynamic range of 1:2,600 (11 f-stops)
      • - Seitz image optimisation algorithms
    • Use world-class large format Schneider or Rodenstock lenses - or reuse your existing set of lenses
    • Process a high-definition high dynamic range panorama directly in the RAM of the computer (single-pass, multi-pass)
    • Use a very user-friendly software with very advanced features
    • Take advantage of the latest technology in tablet PCs for image control, display and storage
    • Remove the Seitz D3 digital scan back and use it with the Roundshot D3, the Alpa family of medium format cameras
    • (Alpa 12 SWA, WA, TC, XY) or with other medium or large format cameras (in the future)

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. monkeykoder

monkeykoder TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Almost positive I've seen that one before... I can't see many people ever actually using that though.

3. Bifurcator

Bifurcator TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    LOL... yeah it's not a dSLR entry level camera and it doesn't have "Nikon" or "Canon" stamped on it anywhere. ;)

4. monkeykoder

monkeykoder TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I'm more thinking it is a little on the awkward shape side and it seems to be meant to be handheld.

5. Bifurcator

Bifurcator TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Hand maneuvered... on a ball head. It's mostly for tripod use IMO. But I could hold that NP at all. Ya just gotta think outside the prescribed box.

Last edited: Aug 24, 2008
  6. monkeykoder

monkeykoder TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well once my dad gets his woodworking shop up and running I do plan on going up there to build my next LF camera... Maybe I could make that one handheld...

7. Bifurcator

Bifurcator TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Well just because the photos are big please don't think this is anywhere near as big as a box camera for crying out loud. Did you even read the specs?

This scan back 6x17 camera is extremely fast. The image results are comparable to a one-shot digital or film back. This is possible thanks to a very high read-out speed of 300 MB per second - 100x faster than for any existing scan back. The fastest exposure speed is 1/2'000 per pixel - or one second for the entire 6x17 scan at full resolution!

I'm sorry but I just don't understand your line of commentary. It's like you saw a porsche and said.. Naw, I can't fit my family of 12 in it so it's useless and no one will use it.

Ummm, okeee

8. monkeykoder

monkeykoder TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I think this was what I was actually trying to argue against for the handheld thing.

9. Bifurcator

Bifurcator TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Oh you think the hand grip looking style are out of place? I think that's mostly for ball-head adjustments or maybe on a monopod? Anyway I like the grips... it looks kewl. :D

I'm of course much more impressed with the 160 megapixels, the 16bit recordings, and the modular design.

I'm not going to buy one though. They're too expensive for me - just for a camera... I just thought it was kewl and knew there were a few peeps here who are interested in this kinda stuff.

10. monkeykoder

monkeykoder TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Not dissing on the post I'd love to have one I just don't think I'd ever use it when I could just shoot 8X10 negs and scan but maybe I'm not thinking of some great advantage.

11. Bifurcator

Bifurcator TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    You mean like... it's digital so "film" is instant and virtually free instead of $20 a shot and days to process? :lmao:

12. monkeykoder

monkeykoder TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Last time I processed film it didn't take more than half hour maybe an hour to develop... I guess the film cost is an issue but come on the thing costs let's just say $25000 dollars (I don't know the exchange rates) I don't think I'd spend more than $10000 on a LF camera and a lens. That leaves me with $15000 for film and developing... Film does have it's advantages I'm sure the price on this thing will come down but right now it is no more than a toy for the rich.