This months winner is a fraud!!

Winning this month's award is a dubious honor at best, and the public indeed clearly spoke. Besides, there was nothing mentioned in the rules about cropping... bad cropping is absolutely fair game, as well as bad editing (and everything else hideous you can do with a picture)...

There are many ways to destroy a shot, and cropping poorly is absolutely one of them. I say it is all fair dinkum.

There were some quite awful pictures, weren't there?

I will fess up... one of them was mine:

96-aug07photo02-bat3.jpg

Actually, I think mine is kind of pretty... but it in no way resembles what it actually is... which is (supposed to be) a picture of a bat which took off right as I pressed the shutter.

I'm sure I see Jesus, or the Virgin Mary, or maybe the Devil in this photo. You should sell this on e-bay and make a ton of money! :lol::lol::lol:

What is up with this months photo of the month winner? This person obvously just cropped out there heads, I would say worst EDIT ever but by no mean picture, I thought the contest was to show a bad picture not an edit, who voted for this and why?

+1 fer sure and I also agree with AlexB that this isn't a very good picture to have on our front page.

Subjectivity at it's best.

I'm sure I see Jesus, or the Virgin Mary, or maybe the Devil in this photo. You should sell this on e-bay and make a ton of money! :lol::lol::lol:

Dude the Virgin Mary is plain as day. I have a group of 30 organized, and we are making a pilgrimage. I think Fox news might be there. It's gonna be kewl.

LOL

I was a little dissapointed by the maniped to be bad picture being chosen, but I can't complain, I had the other headless shot (though mine was unedited).

It's just a contest on the internet.

I actually thought it was a good picture to choose. It is an example of what would be an awful photo.

Imagine if you were the professional photog who took THAT picture and it was the only group shot you had!

You'd be mortified, it would be the worst shot you could possibly have taken :lol:

So what it was edited.

Winning this month's award is a dubious honor at best, and the public indeed clearly spoke. Besides, there was nothing mentioned in the rules about cropping... bad cropping is absolutely fair game, as well as bad editing (and everything else hideous you can do with a picture)...

There are many ways to destroy a shot, and cropping poorly is absolutely one of them. I say it is all fair dinkum.

There were some quite awful pictures, weren't there?

I will fess up... one of them was mine:

96-aug07photo02-bat3.jpg

Actually, I think mine is kind of pretty... but it in no way resembles what it actually is... which is (supposed to be) a picture of a bat which took off right as I pressed the shutter.

I found Nemo. !!! and his Smiling !! Because I found him... no one else did. !

Zen, you have skills. Guys really like girls with skills. Do also have nunchuck skills or computer hacking skills?

I agree that it was a bad subject & even before the contest was over I cringed at the thought of a bad photo on the forum's main page. I tell others about this site & now I'm waiting for their comments after seeing the contest.

Most reactions

Back