This morning I have been mostly....

Discussion in 'Off Topic Chat' started by ferny, May 31, 2005.

1. ferny

ferny TPF Noob!

...taking the dogs for a walk. I took Pickle out for an hour but had to turn back because the sun was very strong and she was getting hot. I came back, shot down the shops to grab a small bottle I could put water in and then took Abby out for an hour and a half.

On the way back... There is a section which has a bridle-way next to a field. Walking there I take the field, walking back I take the bridle-way (if you can call it that). It cuts you off abruptly and you have to go through a ditch. This ditch is steep and full of debris so I decided to pick them up and carry them across. Pickle, no problem. Abby.... She's bigger so I couldn't see where I was going, I had to duck to avoid thorny branches and she's heavy! All that plus sandy soil equals ferny and Abby going *splat*. I chucked her forwards as I was falling so she didn't roll back. I get up, check Abby over, brush myself down and then notice my arm is getting very sore. I'd landing in a load of stinging nettles. :cheer: Once my arm went numb I didn't notice the pain. :thumbsup: All the bumps have gone now anyway and it doesn't hurt.
    Still with Abby on the way back, we meet a mahoosive Rottweiler. It's got a chain on so I stand still to see if an owner appears. Nope. Abby flops to the ground and I try to get her back up as I think of what to do. When she's on all fours I walk away and the dog follows. I stop, Abby flops, and the dog takes a couple more steps and stops. This pattern repeats itself a couple of times at which point I think "**** it" and pick Abby up. Did I say she's heavy, oh, and I'd been walking non-stop for two and a half hours. :cheer: (again). I carry her a couple of hundred metres and thankfully the dog stops following us.
    Why can't people look after their dogs? Ok, they get out now and then but I don't think there is any reason why they should be able to. You know? It'd avoid things like this. Times when you're wondering if you're about to jump in the middle of a dog fight or get attacked yourself. And whilst I'm at it, why can't people keep their dogs on the lead when they know people are about? I was ridding to work the other week when a woman jumped out of the bushes and told me to stop. At the same time a huge Alsatian came bounding towards me. "Why, does he get excited?" I ask with a smile. "No, he'll go for your legs", she replies. Yeah, great, thanks....

Thought I'd spam the forum, not much being posted.

What's everyone up to?

2. LittleMan

LittleMan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    wow, busy morning...
    I just went bike riding my usual three miles and I'm about to go eat breakfast. After that I am going shopping with my mom to get some stuff I will need for Germany while I'm there. (I'm leaving this Thursday)
    Oh, and some time today I need to go pick up my film I had developed at the store. They are pictures from my new 50mm lens. :)

3. JonMikal

JonMikal TPF Noob!

better watch out MD, Chris is moving in on Mentos :shock:

4. LittleMan

LittleMan TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    hehehe... :mrgreen:
    speaking of which... Mentos, we need to talk about when we can get-together.