this number post in history

jocose

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.musingsofjocose.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
so, this here is my 1,660th post. Being a bit of an anglophile and the theatre historian, I noticed the significance and thought that I would point out for this post that 1660 is also when Charles II returned to England after the Interregnum, which began in 1642 (the theatres were closed during that time thanks to Oliver Cromwell). Chucky had been hanging out in France during the Commonwealth days, and saw a wonderous sight...chicks playing chicks on the stage.

When he returned to England, he reopened the theatres and repealed the law preventing women from performing on stage...from that time on, women played women!

Thank you. Your history lesson is over until I get to another significant post number (and notice it...I would have at 1,066, but didn't think about it).

Reactions: Rob
clarinetJWD said:
2015:

Martians from planet Hatt overtake Earth's forces, and lock us in a room where we are tortured by continuous Cher albums.
:biglaugh:

hey, Jo... I didn't know that story... nice one, thx for pointing that out :D
and happy 1660!

...i'm still ahead of ya, though :p

This is post 1776. I hope that I don't have to explain the significance of this date in History...when the US declared independence, which of course was the begining of twilight for that mighty sun that was destined to set eventually.

jocose said:
This is post 1776. I hope that I don't have to explain the significance of this date in History...when the US declared independence, which of course was the begining of twilight for that mighty sun that was destined to set eventually.

Anyone who has seen SCHOOL HOUSE ROCK knows about 1776!!!

Uh...yeah, but we americans need to remember that not everyone here is American, so not everyone will know.

core_17 said:
Uh...yeah, but we americans need to remember that not everyone here is American, so not everyone will know.

wasn't being excluding ...

apologies to the non americans ... we had a little educational program that came on every saturday morning called school house rock. GREAT show! I even own the DVD's ... it was a great show that taught math, history, etc. in these funny songs with funny characters.

Jocose's post made me think of that ... that's what my comment was about.

loved school house rock....too good...still have to sing " i am a bill, on capitol hill...."

i think my count is too high for this year in history...

aprilraven said:
loved school house rock....too good...still have to sing " i am a bill, on capitol hill...."

i think my count is too high for this year in history...

I'm just a bill ... and I'm sittin' here on capitol hill ...

Mother necessity ...

Conjunction Junction

all the multiplication tables ...

Lolly lolly lolly get you adverbs here ...

IN TER JEC TION shows emotion and feeling

(it's sad ... I could go on and on ...)

I swear, School House Rock was the only reason I passed math & english!

There's a website ... you can get the dvd's and cd's anywhere ...

I have SChool House Rock Rocks...it's all these progressive bands doing the School House Rock songs...it does rock. Don't forget the Ride of Paul Revere! My personal fav.

Yea, even if everyone knows about 1776, it's still nice to remind the Brits that lost the colonies :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back