this one I am proud of

LaFoto can answer you more directly, but I think you have misunderstood her intent. :)

You might want to review the FAQ's for this section to get a better view for use of the Critique Forum. Thank you. :)

i guess i leave the umbrella becuse I have so many close ups of my son I want to also have some pictures that show his environment, especiially his favorite "spots" he had growing up. that is his favorite place to play outside, we are out there every day. i suppose i could just take pictures of the special spot to show him seperately, but there is something about seeing him IN his special spot that is endearing to me. if I didnt have (literally thousands) of close up pictures of my son I supposed Id crop this one in tighter.

I think this above is an enlightening comment. Often I have cropped a picture to keep an element in so as to make the picture meaningful to me in a particular circumstance - even though it might be a better picture in the absolute sense if I cropped the element out.

Your choice is valid and is certainly as important as any purely 'photographic' choice. Now that you have said that about your picture, I can like your final crop even more.

thank you traveler :)

my husband also begged me to keep that table in the picture. we sit out there as a family a lot. i agree sometimes you opt for a less "perfect" photo, for a more sentimental one. i didnt want to say to much when i initiall psoted the picture though because i wanted so untainted advice and opinions so I could find the balance between sentiment and a good photograph. it took me a LONG time to figure out that final crop to carry jsut enough sentiment and straighten out the lines and still leave a little ground before the puddle because I wanted it there lol

hey terri i read the faqs i feel like the faqs are being shoved down my throat to be honest ive seen the faqs referenced in so many threads on this forum it makes me not want to post here... however i tried posting on the general gallery the other day and got NO replies. i need advice to grow!

Sorry if I come across as hostile.
I am not and never want to be.
And I don't want to sound it, either.
As you can see in many of my other comments all over the forum.
Sorry.

i am sorry if i misread you la photo. as i said, i really value your advice because its obvious you have a lot fo great advice. :D

it can be hard to read someones tone over the internet. im sure people misread me all the time.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back