This One's For Digital Matt

canonrebel

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Matt, is this better quality that that of my last attempt?....
spencerlake.jpg

The Rebel

It looks better, yes, but the moon is still wierd to me. I just can't figure out why it's red I guess. It's a very nice photo though. Nice composition, and nice exposure. The moon just looks very fake, as if you photoshopped it in there from another photo. If that's the case, it's no problem, but I don't think it should be red. I've never seen a red moon at night, unless may I was on Jupiter :p It's reflection looks like a distort filter too, and way too bright I think.

Maybe I'm wrong. I don't know.

A rising moon, barely risen, can be red and weird looking since it's got to "shine" through so many layers of atmosphere and pollution. Just like the sun become red at dusk or is red at dawn, this can happen to the moon. To me, such red moon is always looking frightening.

However, I've never seen it that ROUND in shape ("round" as in "ball" not "circle") when it's just barely risen, but huge and very flat. This surprises me so about this photo, and this is why I tend to agree that it looks like a basketball...

I think the problem is the moon is in sharp focus and the trees in the far background are not. This looks unnatural. Throw some blur on the moon and it'll look more realistic.

The reflection is killer though! :thumbsup:

Hey fellas,

I didn't know the submissions were supposed to be un-retouched. Please accept my apology. I am truely sorry for the PhotoShopped pics.

I snapped the pic in the early afternoon. The moon and the night are layers created in photoshop.

Once again, I'm sorry for the submission. Please don't giveup on me--I really like this forum and I can definitely contribute.

Yours truely,
The Rebel

There's nothing wrong with photoshopping pictures. I do it all the time. It just LOOKS very photoshopped, even at a small size, and that's not the intention, (or shouldn't be) when doing that kind of manipulation, in my opinion.

Don't give up doing those, just go for a softer effect maybe, more realistic. On a whole, it's a pleasing photo and a great idea.

There's lots of photoshop going on in this forum, so don't worry about that.
I think the boys are just after it not looking that way. :D

Most reactions

Back