This pictures stands out.........

robsteth

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Check out these I took last week..............post some comments....... Taken at Sunset.......this used to be an Old Hotel.....then it was a Movie Theater............. old , old and old, ...... here are some other examples of my work, www.patdwyer.weebly.com

Attachments

• IMG_5549.JPG
    IMG_5549.JPG
    1.5 MB · Views: 166
Last edited:
Ok, so when you asked for comments I'm going to assume you wanted critique. The lighting is... well interesting but you've got some issues here. The horizon doesn't seem level, for one.

The composition also seems a bit, well off for me. You see what I think is some sort of wall off to the right but it's not really adding anything to the shot. The sky looks like it might be interesting and add some contrast to the reddish hue of the structure but it's cropped too closely to really see much of it. I think it would be a stronger image if cropped a bit wider in that regard.

As to the lighting, the reddish hue is kind of an interesting effect but I if it were me I think it would be a stronger if the red LED's were placed just inside the windows with some additional lighting on the outside. Just a thought.

Last edited:
It think there was the potential for a great image there, but two things bother me. One, the off-level composition and perspective distortion; and two, the apparent haphazard arrangement of the red lights. They seem to add nothing to the image, don't highlight a particular feature, or lend any sort of mood; and I'm left asking myself "what is the point?"

Had you had some subtle illumination from inside, or a more carefully planned approach to illuminating the outside, I think this could have worked really well.

I agree about the leveling. It's too crooked to be straight, and not crooked enough for a Dutch tilt. I know the Dutch tilt isn't for everyone, but sometimes it adds to the composition. Not sure if it will for this one, but just saying that if you're going to go for the tilt, then commit to it. Don't go half-assed about it.

Take away the tilt and the red lights and what is left?
Editing should follow, even support, content not be the only content.

P1012690.JPG
Tilting took place, things were happening quite fast..plus I only have short time to get the pictures, it gets to dark quickly.............. :eek-73::bouncingsmileys:

Last edited:
Tilting took place, things were happening quite fast..plus I only have short time to get the pictures, it gets to dark quickly.............. :eek-73::bouncingsmileys:

So what? The tilt can be corrected or exaggerated in software.

i do not photoshop in any capacity.....

No. Of course you don't.

Well then, you need to pay more attention when you're shooting.

And I need to stop wasting my time.

i do not photoshop in any capacity.....
Although your camera develops and sharpens as soon as you press the shutter button to close the image, you, as a true artist of light, won't touch the jpeg after that.

Yes, I understand.

Most reactions

Back