This should be fun!

Yeah, the engineering behind the machining is just dreamy. I could just sit and play with it for hours trying to figure out how this interlock works, and how that mechanism responds, and how this system is supposed to function. Interlocks were easy to figure out... I shot with one of these for about 6 years in the 70s & 80s, with a 645 is a companion.

You sound like me and my Hasselblads. Enjoy that RB-they should be enjoyed.

One day I should really install the kit I bought before they dry up on the sheet. I bought them when I began dusting off the ol' film gear, detrimined to get back into it. I even laid out considerable cash and bought myself a Rollei 6006...KNOWING film was once again in my future. Well, the seals are still in the envelope, never put a roll of film in the Rollei and the enlarger is back collecting dust. Hey...I believe in pacing myself....LOL

Rick! How have you (shoot the film) been? We've missed (shoot the film) you around here! It's been a (shoot the film) long time! Good to (shoot the film) see you back! :)

I'm good Leonore, and yourself? It's been a busy summer. I bought an acre of land up in the Pocono Mountains where I'm clearing a hole in the woods for a campsite. That's kept me away from the viewfinder for much of the summer. Things are slowing down a bit and the film bug is starting to bite again. My first trip back here in a while and I ran into this thread, which unfortunately isn't help fight it off...LOL

I'm good Leonore, and yourself? It's been a busy summer. I bought an acre of land up in the Pocono Mountains where I'm clearing a hole in the woods for a campsite. That's kept me away from the viewfinder for much of the summer. Things are slowing down a bit and the film bug is starting to bite again. My first trip back here in a while and I ran into this thread, which unfortunately isn't help fight it off...LOL

Resistance is futile!

(I'm not helping, am I? ;) )

Ooh, a nice campsite in the middle of the woods, away from all the people - sounds heavenly! Whenever I think of the Poconos, an old commercial pops into my head...

From 1982:

And its even cheesier "updated" version from 1989:

Welcome back, Rick! Unlike Leonore, I'm not as subtle. Now SHOOT ALL THE FILMS

images

Thanks Mike! Good to hear from you again, and Leonore, I'm trying to fight off your, as Mike calls them, "subtle" seductions but my knees are getting weak...LOL.
I have a couple rolls of BN400CW in the fridge that I've always been curious about, and I know the Rollei shutter at least goes "clunk"...maybe... just maybe...
I also have a couple rolls of FP4 lost in the same fridge, but this digital world has made me into a very impatient man and that mail order wait seems like a LONG time compared to slipping a card into the ol' PC. Hmmm? Darkroom?...Nah..well...

I vote no darkroom, just a dark box and a tank. ;)

Nah, you haven't felt happiness until you have a devoted darkroom. It's amazing how much more you use it when you don't have to drag everything out and drag everything back after trying to patch all the light leaks around the windows and doors. It's truely bliss :)

Hi Rick!!! Wonderful to see you back here! :icon_cheers:

We'll need pics of this new campsite, since it sounds so intriguing. May as well bust out some of that film in the fridge and put it to good use. Ah, the beauty of the Poconos captured in silver.... oh yeah, bay-bay!!!

Hi Terri. I'm like the wind. Here today, gone tomorrow...LOL Here's a quick snapshot to took this summer just before packing up for the weekend. This is from the back edge of the campsite looking toward the rear of the property. A backyard of ferns.
Rear_zps6f9664b2.jpg

So, I guess the TPF Fourth of July Party will be at Ricks' next year.

So, I guess the TPF Fourth of July Party will be at Ricks' next year.
Did I mention bathroom facilities consist of Porti-potty or the closest tree. Regulated by the task at hand. But here's the plus side...
DSC_1997_zps8609fcb8.jpg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back