This should be fun!

The only practical reason to choose a bathroom is because there is a drain. Other than that, what you really need is counter space. I used a (large) closet for a darkroom. When it came time to pour out the trays, I just carried them to the kitchen (the closest drain).

I don't have a closet that's suitable. My 'walk-in' closet is better named as a 'step-in' closet. One step in, and you're surrounded. Think of an old-fashioned phone booth.

Master bath is a much better option. But an octagon window is gonna take some engineering to make lightproof. My first thought is to cut some plywood slightly smaller than the extension jambs and wrap the edge with the foam used to insulate pipes. It might take two or three such 'layers' of this method, but it's what first came to mind.

Another problem is lack of counter space. I only have 4', and a sink right in the middle of it.

I know a lot of people use bathrooms due to water, drains and usually easy to darken, but humidity will not be your friend. Lenses and paper don't enjoy it

Help Me.... lets not mutilate Spark's thread. I started another "RB-67". head on over if your interested

I know a lot of people use bathrooms due to water, drains and usually easy to darken, but humidity will not be your friend. Lenses and paper don't enjoy it

In my case, the darkroom will be a part-time thing. Nothing will be stored there. Just set up on the occasion I get the itch to make wet prints.

250mm arrived about 20 minutes ago. I've unpacked it but it's still quite cold, so it's resting in the ziplock bag it was shipped in acclimating. But other than a well-used front lens cap, it looks brand-spanking NEW!

250No1.jpg

250No2.jpg

250No3.jpg

250No4.jpg

Other than a well-worn front lens cap, and a slightly loose rear cap, this copy is in perfect condition. The barrel has no wear marks, a bit of dust and some minor nicks. The glass is absolutely pristine, both front and rear. A small fingerprint smudge on the rear was easily removed with a cloth and lens fluid.

Slower shutter speeds sound right. Will need to get the timer out to test the faster ones. But mechanically and optically, this lens appears to be in superb shape!

Nice! Now all you need is a concrete tripod to steady the beast...LOL

Nice! Now all you need is a concrete tripod to steady the beast...LOL

Nah. It may be big and built like a tank, but it's not much heavier than an FX body and the Tamzooka put together. Both my Manfrottos can handle it.

So I guess Law and Order is really scraping the bottom of the barrel here for plot ideas... lol

I'd rather it be The Mentalist. I've got a crush on Robin Tunney.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back