This site is falling apart..

this is why i generally stick to the equipment area, it's kind of objective, and there's always talk about equipment.
Have you read any good reviews of the 1D4?

Deal_with_it_dog_gif.gif

I've read in this thread some people saying that CC has gone down, that people with knowledge should help others by giving CC. The thing is, every bit of CC is good CC. Doesnt matter if you are new, a pro, amateur, whatever. People need to start being smart about what they post.

:thumbup:

Everyone starts as a beginner few make it to expert. What's funny is when I see a lot of obvious pros posting their pics for C&C in the beginner forums, sandbagging. In the beginner forum I expect to see crappy pics a 10 year old could take, so what?

Interesting observation...consistent with the notion that the beginner forum is a dumping ground. Lots of studio/professional shots in there (clearly made with multiple off-camera lights)...lots of talk about "going pro" (there's a pro forum). I would think these types of posts are certainly "beyond the basics" or pro gallery appropriate. Nevertheless, this doesn't seem to scare off the William Hung "she bangs" type of posts either. Also, lots of "look at my dirty, OOF, half-dressed kid doing something I think is cute" posts (there's a "just for fun" section).

Not getting on a high horse, but I have NEVER posted a photograph here, and this is why: From studying the photographs and comments of others, I tend to...

1. Know that my photographs are flawed (self critique..see above post by JG Coleman).
2. Attempt to learn from my mistakes.
3. Try to implement what I have learned in order to improve.

So far, I am still learning something every time I shoot, and I don't think I need the input from others at this stage (in other words, I know when my photos suck, which is often enough...don't need to post them here to be told so).

Mostly, I post crap photos in the beginner's section because if it's a largely unmoderated dumping ground, I want to use it for it's intended purpose.

Mostly, I post crap photos in the beginner's section because if it's a largely unmoderated dumping ground, I want to use it for it's intended purpose.
I fully understand.

Can I get a critique on this shot while I have your attention?

photo-63.jpg

I fully understand.

photo-63.jpg
While a tomato with a woodie is interesting, the horizon's not straight, it needs to be HDR'd to within an inch of it's life, and you should have used an orange with a similar feature, held with the right hand, in the rain, at night, using two eBay 30ws strobes, a 40" gold reflector, and anything sold by Gary Fong. Oh yeah, and the tomato is WAY oversharpened - so much so that it's gone past sharp, sharper and ultra-sharp, all the way into "blurry" again. You should clone out that distracting thumbnail.

I don't have time to read long winded rebuttals. Please make them short, sweet and to the point in the future.

Thanks.

And it looks like it could use some vignetting, and some funky film-style-effects.

I fully understand.

photo-63.jpg
While a tomato with a woodie is interesting, the horizon's not straight, it needs to be HDR'd to within an inch of it's life, and you should have used an orange with a similar feature, held with the right hand, in the rain, at night, using two eBay 30ws strobes, a 40" gold reflector, and anything sold by Gary Fong. Oh yeah, and the tomato is WAY oversharpened - so much so that it's gone past sharp, sharper and ultra-sharp, all the way into "blurry" again. You should clone out that distracting thumbnail.

Actually, it needs to be shot with Nikon and if you're using cheap speedlights because that's all you can afford, a shoot through umbrella, and not the exact awesomeness I own, it's utter crap.

Is this better?

a11bedb8.png

Most reactions

New Topics

Back