This sound like a good way to go?

Gopherkid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, so I took the plunge and purchased a 30d after using a P&S for a year. Its coming this week along with a 50mm 1.8. I know im going to get my hands on a 70-2000f4 hopefully sooner than later for moto-x that I shoot, so that leads me to the question everyone asks..... I wasnt able to do landscapes and architecture with my S3IS very well, but im very interested in trying, so im trying to debate getting the sigma 24-70, and then have a tokina 12-24 dedicated to trying that out? Or are there other good fillers for the range im missing? Ive been searching here, and it seems like the 12-24 is praised, and the 24-70 is very hit or miss which kinda bothers me. But im very interested in having a constant f# through out the range, as not having that was one of my pet peeves of the S3IS in the first place. Any advice would be great! Thanks!

Sounds to me like you have made some good choices to cover a nice range.

What about 24-70L? That is not "hit or miss" :)

12-24
24-70L
70-200L

Very nice coverage.

What about 24-70L? That is not "hit or miss" :)

12-24
24-70L
70-200L

Very nice coverage.

As much as Id love to own the 24-70L, I do have limitations. I think keeping each lens to roughly 500 would be good, because I would be able to build up my collection within a reasonable amount of time.

Then a Canon EF-S 10-22 would fit your budget I guess? Slightly faster than the Sigma 10-20 and less edge distorsion (good when shooting architecture). I've had mine for just a week and haven't had the chance to test it out thoroughly yet though.

Most reactions

Back