This was an oops, but I kind of like it...

jenn76

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.photographicmemories.me
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I was practicing on my kids yesterday with my new lights. My first shot was way overexposed. (Still trying to get used to manual settings, especially indoors with a 2 light setup). Anyway, it was overexposed, but I kind of like the way it turned out... what do you think?

BTW, for those of you who were helping me a couple days ago, I was able to completely get rid of the shadow, by moving them farther away from the backdrop. Thanks!

IMG_2470.jpg

looks way overexposed to me

maybe this looks a little better to you?
3100667964_53afd51b2a_o.jpg

i hear ya, its just kind of blinding and WOW when you look at it hahaha, cute kid though!

Yeah, both of them are pretty over-exposed. But you know what? You've got the lighting down, so work on that exposure and you'll be in great shape. To me, learning what good light looks like with strobes is 95% of the battle. Seems to be a nice looking young man with a lot of personality too.

Keep it up and show us your next series too so that we can see your progress.

That was the only one I had a problem with the exposure on... I adjusted my settings as soon as I saw it on the LCD.... I still need to work on the poses though. This is an example of what else I shot. These were just practice photos for my lighting, so I didn't do homework on poses or anything beforehand. Photobucket changed the way it looked somewhat (less sharp, etc), but you get the idea...

IMG_2499.jpg

I just realized what my first one (the overexposed shot) reminds me of! If you have kids, you'll know what I mean... it reminds me of the Sketchbook pictures that your kids can have made of themselves at Chuck E Cheese! :lol: My kids always get those done.

You could have passed off the overexposed one as "High Key" if your son had been wearing brighter clothes... The edit is no good, he has burnt blocks of white in his face in that. As if he had applied a white ointment and smeared it all over his face.
But the second is, of course, better, exposurewise, only did you clip off his fingers and knees... :( Poor boy. Must hurt ;) ;) ;).

But the second is, of course, better, exposurewise, only did you clip off his fingers and knees... :( Poor boy. Must hurt ;) ;) ;).

Haha, yeah, I know. As I was saying, I wasn't paying much attention to the pose... just the lighting. But I will definitely keep his appendages intact in the future! :D

Most reactions

Back