This Weekend's Travels - C&C Please!

Bugs81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello all-

Quite a busy weekend, traveled all over New York for one thing or another.

Any C&C would be greatly appreciated as always.

4794101946_16b02309a7_b.jpg

4793923805_9d99cba997_b.jpg

4793853953_7950337491_b.jpg

4794100772_6cb641d12c_b.jpg

4794484650_3057477be7_b.jpg

that must be the a super small girl because those dandelions are HUGE!! hehe

Here's my take on them. I'm no expert, so take my opinion with a grain of salt. :lol:

1. Cool looking van, and the fact that it's parked in a no parking zone is a nice capture, but to me, it's just a snap shot.
2. I'm no expert at portrait photography, but I think that is nicely done, and the pose doesn't look to bad. Only issue I've got is the fact that her hair blends into the background, so it looks like the very top of her hair is cut off, but I can't tell for sure on that.
3. Just looks like a field of flowers. I'm a fan of seeing them up close.
4. Very cute pose. Myself, I think it's a little overexposed. I think a little bit of PP on this one, and it would be very nice.
5. Nice close up, shame that green board got in the way. Myself I would have tried to find another one without the green board.

I don't have a calibrated monitor, so some of my observations could be off.

Thank you eccs, greatly appreciated!

I think that #4 is my favorite, I love the wispy hair alongside the wispy dandelions. Some PP could really make it pop though.

The light for the portrait is very harsh and makes every pore of her skin show. I am not sure a woman is overly happy with this. Women love to be lighted in a manner that they look smooth and without any blemishes at all (not that SHE has "blemishes" of any sort). Also the direct (in-camera?) flash blows out parts of her skin ... and the entire left side of the photo is just black, featureless black, which makes me wonder "Why did he not rotate the camera into a vertical position for a portrait?"

The girl is cute, just a little overexposed, but not too badly, so I think that can be "healed". For once, I like the view down on her, as her hair goes so well with the flowers (can't be dandelions, too large for those - actually, those flowers are ENORMOUS!!!).

The car's a car - with some interesting paintwork. If it hadn't been for a comment, I would not have noticed it's parked in a no-parking zone...
The flower field is nicely colourful.
The flower is a flower... little to say about those.

I think that #4 is my favorite, I love the wispy hair alongside the wispy dandelions. Some PP could really make it pop though.

Thank you for the C&C, will certainly work on that!

The light for the portrait is very harsh and makes every pore of her skin show. I am not sure a woman is overly happy with this. Women love to be lighted in a manner that they look smooth and without any blemishes at all (not that SHE has "blemishes" of any sort). Also the direct (in-camera?) flash blows out parts of her skin ... and the entire left side of the photo is just black, featureless black, which makes me wonder "Why did he not rotate the camera into a vertical position for a portrait?"

The girl is cute, just a little overexposed, but not too badly, so I think that can be "healed". For once, I like the view down on her, as her hair goes so well with the flowers (can't be dandelions, too large for those - actually, those flowers are ENORMOUS!!!).

The car's a car - with some interesting paintwork. If it hadn't been for a comment, I would not have noticed it's parked in a no-parking zone...
The flower field is nicely colourful.
The flower is a flower... little to say about those.

Believe it or not, those are in fact dandelions haha.

Thank you for the detailed C&C, much appreciated!

The only one that stuck out for me was #1 - I like it. The color on the van could pop a little more, in my opinion.

My critique is that the photo is not level -- other than that, I'd recommend cropping out the top of the photo to the top of the no parking sign.

But, that's just me.

The only one that stuck out for me was #1 - I like it. The color on the van could pop a little more, in my opinion.

My critique is that the photo is not level -- other than that, I'd recommend cropping out the top of the photo to the top of the no parking sign.

But, that's just me.

Thank you for the C&C, I agree with your point about cropping out the top.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back