this weeks diversity

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by doxx, Mar 10, 2004.

1. doxx

doxx TPF Noob!

a few of the pictures I took this week - enjoy

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    Doxx, as usual I like them all, but the second one is tops for me....I like the angle, the ever so subtle suggestion of motion in the figure, and your composition. A terrific B&W! :thumbsup:

With the first one being my second runner up. :D I'd like it in B&W too!

3. mrsid99

mrsid99 TPF Supporters Supporting Member

That first one really intrigues me and I want to keep looking at it, darned if I know why.

4. karissa

karissa The Untitled

Photos OK to edit
    Great eye. The first thing that came to mind when I saw that first one was... "wow, I would have never thought to take a picture of that." Part of Photography is trying to get people to see things in a whole new perspective. Your's. I think you have an excellent grasp on this concept.

5. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Photos NOT OK to edit
    same here.. its like a 'hotseat' or something....

I like the last one, there seems to be alot going on, but i don't mind it being busy- I like the signs but the guy walking gives a sense of humanity in the 'urban jungle'

6. Geronimo

Geronimo TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    nice photos doxx. The first one is not really my taste. I really like the play on the shadows for the third one. The detail on of the shadows from the anchors is what really draws me to it thoug, where as the colors are the second thing that draws my eye.

Second picture is a good snapshot of time. The tones are pleasing to me, and the blur of the ball adds a good touch.

7. photogoddess

photogoddess TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    #1 - Everytime I look at it, I like it more. One thing I would change... I feel like I want to shift the frame up a bit.

#2 - Nice street life scene. :)

#3 - Interesting perspective. I like it but think that it would have been a bit better with more light. More light would have brought out the shadows of the letters giving it a bit more depth.

#4 - I love the way the Cross Bronx Expressway sign points down into what looks like a hole. :bigangel:

8. luckydog

luckydog TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Always good to see your pics Doxx.

A good collection of photos here but my favourites are the first and last. The first one grabs me in two ways. First is the splash of red from the chair compared to the drab background. Second is the contrast in surfaces. The smooth and shiny chair compared to the rough and dull door, pillars and sidewalk.
    The last photo caught me in much the same way as Vonnagy described it. The urban jungle with a splash of humanity. Shame the guy was watching you, as it would have had more impact if he'd been trudging along looking at the pavement in front of him.

9. craig

craig TPF Noob!

The first frame is very strong! The chair and door hardware offset the photo perfectly.

I was brought up in the tri state area. At this moment I really miss it :cry: