This year's dandelion fix (part 1)

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I told you I still had to give myself this year's dandelion fix - photos of this ever so common flower that is happily called a weed, and that fascinates me to no end by its bright, yellow colour (I like them better when they are still yellow).

So yesterday, I took my little digital camera and walked as far as into our garden (ta-daaa! sportive, eh?) to give me Part 1 of the Fix. You may share it with me (or leave it, if you don't like dandelions, or flowers in general). Get ready for a lot of YELLOW now:

1-May-05_Lwenzahn4.jpg

1-May-05_Lwenzahn6.jpg

1-May-05_Lwenzahn5.jpg

1-May-05_Lwenzahn8.jpg

1-May-05_Lwenzahn10.jpg

1-May-05_Lwenzahn11.jpg

And a perspective that I could only manage with the new, little digital camera:

1-May-05_Lwenzahn1.jpg

1-May-05_Lwenzahn9.jpg

Now I still have to go out and get a whole FIELD of dandelions...!

Well, I feared it would be too yellow a theme... it's just that I tested my little digital Canon out on these once more, fiddling and meddling with the manual settings... not that I always know well what I am doing there..........

Ah, another idea is springing to mind: I wonder how they would look in a black border. Could anyone put a border around the square one with the direct on-view of the dandelion for me? Or around any other that you think could need a border?

These are great, the third is my favorite. Dandelions make great subjects, the very first photograph I ever took was of a dandelion :)

LaFoto very colourful, I would have never thought of taking pictures of one. If they ever appear on my lawn I kill them. Which leads me to a question. How do you get Weed Killer off a computer monitor? Just a Habit!

Canoncan! You didn't try to kill MY dandelions, did you???
If...
I have the "Dandelion-Fix 2004" somewhere ... hang on. I get that one out for you and then... you can try to kill all you like, they'll win!

So there:

Lwenzahnwiese_EndeApr2004.jpg

Scan from print on old scanner

Cool photo's LaFoto, here are a couple of dandelion photo's I got last weekend, one of my first try's at close up work, hope to get some more practice at close up flowers/nature now summer is here.

01.jpg

02.jpg

Very nice, Andrewman. Would YOU kill them? With weedkillers?????

Nope I think they look beautfiul, why kill them what harm are they doing 95% of the time ?

Beautiful LaFoto!
I'm a great lover of weeds! I have a blast when the weed man and such call my house and try to get me to let them kill my weeds. They get pretty freaked out when I try to tell them that I like my weeds and plan on keeping them all!
Nice shots!
I'm now going to hold myself back no one want to hear me rammble on the needless murdering of weeds and their importance in our ecosystem!

Most reactions

Back