Thom Hogan: Products fighting each other: OK

thereyougo!, I agree about the article. It really did seem to go out of its way to seem legit. Which wasn't neccesarry since as I said there are some valid points in it. I just don't get the whole battery argument tho. I reckon it back to bicycling in a way. Riders will spend hundreds or thousands of dollars to buy carbon fiber or aluminum parts for their bike to shave off a few ounces here or there. But one of the easiest ways to get the bike/rider package down is to loose a few pounds yourself. Same thing with batteries. People argue that you need 3 or 4 extra batteries for mirrorless to equal a DSLR. Really? So what? But that's extra weight they say. Really? Its only a few ounces. Heres an idea...lay off the Twinkies and loose a single pound and then you can carry probably 5 batteries with no extra weight gain. Or better yet, just take the twinkies out of your camera bag and replace them with batteries. Problem solved. :)

elemental, you hit it right on the head with the buggy whip. That really seems to be where Canon and Nikon are right now. I don't think mirrorless will ever replace DSLR's to exclusion, but I think they will eventually occupy a position of dominance over DSLR's. Especially after Canikon gets serious about them. None of it really matters though. Its all about the image, not really how you get there. But it will be interesting to see how the new technology plays out in ways that we cant even imagine right now. Fun times ahead.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back