Thomas Vs. Hobbes

EBphotography

TPF Junkie!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Reading some of their work for AP History and Government..ugh what a bore.

Edit: Grr. I'm tired. It's Locke vs. Hobbes. :p

Thomas Hobbes - English philosopher 16th/17th C. Looked at law, ethics, politics and language with reference to man. Had a rather mechanical view of humanity but he pioneered analytic technique, and is considered by some as the father of modern psychology and one of the first systematic social scientists.

John Locke - English Political philosopher 17th C. A critic of Hobbes. Main areas of interest politics and epistemology (theory of knowledge). Not much of an original thinker but did bring together all the philosophical threads of his time.

Thomas Hobbes - English philosopher 16th/17th C. Looked at law, ethics, politics and language with reference to man. Had a rather mechanical view of humanity but he pioneered analytic technique, and is considered by some as the father of modern psychology and one of the first systematic social scientists.

John Locke - English Political philosopher 17th C. A critic of Hobbes. Main areas of interest politics and epistemology (theory of knowledge). Not much of an original thinker but did bring together all the philosophical threads of his time.

Anytime you want to write my paper about them, just shoot me a PM. :D

hehehehehe. hobbes got a lot more down didn't he? its been a while since i've read anything about them . . .

isn't john locke in lots of government books these days? i remember learning about him at one point, but don't remember why. . .

woops, just read, ap history and gov. . . it would have been in those classes.

i've not familiar with either, so they must have been rubbish

Most reactions

Back