Those with a Project 365

Rufus, your 365 is particularly good imo. I plan on *attempting* to make one of my own almost exclusively because of it. :thumbup:

EDIT: Renol, loneR, lonewolf: Yours is really good too.

I like that the commitment forces you to try and make something interesting, even if you don't feel like it. It's like exercise or practicing a musical instrument.

I had plans to do a 365, but I had issues come up - as in I couldn't bring myself to just take a shot of something towards the end of the day because I didn't have anything else. I'm not saying there is anything wrong with that - in the least. I just couldn't do it. Instead, I am making a blog of the things I see that catch my eye in my daily travels since I am on the road every weekday. I try to shoot unless it is downpouring, which it has been recently. But here it is... BLOG

****EDIT****
The shots have no PP done to them besides a b/w conversion in the ones that are b/w. Everything is else is straight from the camera. The idea for the blog was for everyone to get a glimpse of what I see.

You are joking, most are of mobile phones, flowers and other crap that they have rushed to shoot at the end of the day because time is running out

Yep, there will be those kind of days. It's a project 365, not a PROJECT365OFMAZINGOMFGPHOTOS!!!111!!!one-eleven!!!

Some days you phone shots in. I have and probably still will. It was tough getting shots in Jan and Feb where I was enduring the flu, followed by strep, ear infections and then bronchitis.

Personally, it's helped me improve my ability to pre-visualize a shot and execute that shot without having to take a dozen takes, even if it's a flower or something mundane (I don't think I've ever shot a cell phone, though I did take a picture of a bowl of candy, once). So for as much as you may poo poo the idea, but some of us find it beneficial, even though we're not churning out woh-me-gosh shots every 24 hours.

Complete waist of time if you ask me
I don't remember seeing anyone ask.:thumbup:

Anyway, can it hurt?

For me, it almost forces me to get to know my new camera quicker because I get tired of shooting with the same old techniques so I have to learn some new ones. If I wasnt doing a 365, it would take me longer to explore everything my camera has to offer.

Also, I've found some new places that I wouldn't really before have been tempted to look for just because I've "used up" the ones that I frequent the most. I know that you're not going to get the same pictures every time, but if you go take pictures of, say, the street in front of where you live one night, and the nights the next few nights in a row have very similar conditions but you still want to take a nighttime street picture, you have to find somewhere new to keep it from looking too similar.

And even if most of the pictures really suck, you're still probably going to get lucky sometimes. :)

So, you get to know the camera (if you dont already), you find new places to shoot, if youre not already one of those who visualizes pictures everywhere you go then you learn how to do that, and you get lucky every once in a while with a nice shot. Doesn't seem like a waste of time to me...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back