thought id post some pics

HeY iTs ScOTtY

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.scottandersen.fototime.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
thought id post a few pics. feel free to comment. keep in mind i dont edit my photos. im kind of old school and like to keep my pictures true to how they are taken in the feild. that and im lazy lol. ill post some more later.
n1190332671_30228327_4898433.jpg

n1190332671_30228326_3538228.jpg

4713_1083118716767_1190332671_30240451_5087813_n.jpg

4713_1083119156778_1190332671_30240462_2383309_n.jpg

4713_1083118956773_1190332671_30240457_744950_n.jpg

4713_1083125316932_1190332671_30240494_6707192_n.jpg

I just wish in the 3rd and 4th pic the road signs would have come out better! I think it would have made the pic better. Also was there a wind that night?

I just wish in the 3rd and 4th pic the road signs would have come out better! I think it would have made the pic better. Also was there a wind that night?

the road signs couldnt be helped they are relfective and with a long exposer there are going to be hot spots thats the effect i was going for though.and i dont remember if there was a wind or not. the town is right off a great lake so im sure there was.

Signs like that can be fixed in post. Take an exposure where the signs are properly exposed, then just composite the two images, using the properly exposed signs instead. Ah, the wonders of digital. ^.^

yeah i know but like i said it was the effect i was going for and im not a big fan of editing my pics. i know that is the big thing about shooting digital and i plan to do some hdr's and other software things in future photos but for these i was not going for the fake photoshop look.

creative pics i really like the crosswalk one. has a cool blur i c double look to it. very nice

Hi again!

IMO, each one has some neat elements... some cool colors here, a bit of neat texture there, but generally they mostly look like experimentation with a method more than a particular framed and well composed subject. Sorry, that probably sounds like a repeat from me from your other thread.

I guess the thing to consider is what you are trying to show/say/make us feel/etc. What about the thing you were looking at was interesting to you, and how are you going to carry that from a 3-dimensional multi-sensual world into a 2-dimensional and very narrow-view photograph?

A lot of it has to do with looking for cool angles, interesting light, cool repeating patterns, bringing out particular details and accentuating them via proximity, focal point, depth of field, etc. Having things at multiple depths in the frame, using angled lines, using subject matter to drag the viewer through the frame or into it, etc.

Sometimes, though, a subject just is going to be dull... like I really don't know if you could pull something interesting out of a wheelbarrow and a tree... but there is SO much you can pull out of a busy night-time scene... it can often be like photographic cheating. :)

Personal opinion, btw... I think you probably want to get over the anti-photoshop thing at least a LITTLE. I'm not a crazy processor and I don't like heavy PP and big time cheating... HDRs kinda drive me buggy to some degree, etc. but some basic amount of what you do in photoshop was also fairly commonplace in the darkroom... and some of what you do in photoshop (like sharpening) is an almost necessary counter to some of the negative effects of digital photography (all digital images are soft).

Just some more to think about. :)

all these were test shots after i just got my d90

My suggestion, then, would be to post them in the "just for fun" gallery. Generally images here will be looked upon as being shared for some level of commentary, critique, and possibly discussion.

I will also (again) suggest that you be more specific when you post images as to what your intention is in posting them, as it will tailor people's remarks and keep us from wasting our time unecessarily.

lol i didnt know i would have to explain my techniques haha i thought a cool picture was a cool picture.

Jesus man... which is it? A cool picture, or a test shot? :lol: Pick one!

I imagine occasionally there are crossovers, but in my experience, hoooo boy are they rare.

Most reactions

Back