thoughts about nikon d80?

lisa_13

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i'm considering buying the nikon d80 as i need a new slr for college (im majoring in photography)

ive been to several camera stores and theyve all told me the d80 is the best way to go, but im not sure if i want to sink $1100 on it

im not a fan of the d60 (my hands are too big for it)

any thoughts about the d80? is it good? should i go for it, or consider something else?

It's a great camera. It was my first dSLR and if not bitten by the D300 bug, would still be my only camera. I still have it and use it, but not as much lately. I did not care to push it beyond ISO800 though.

It will certainly get you through college and then some. Mine came with the 18-55mm kit lens and I got the 55-200mm VR as an accompliment. Decent lenses if on a budget, but are slow and not very friendly in low light. The D80 is worthy of good glass.

I agree with the people at the camera store: The D80 is the best deal of the moment.

I didn't pick it up only because it was too expensive, but that was 9 months ago.

This being said, you should be able to find it for less than $1100!

The D80 is an excellent camera, definitely one that will do you for a long time, however you may also want to consider a used D200; they can be had for under $1100, and maybe a few more "pro-type" features than the D80..

any suggestions on where to buyfor less than 1100? (somewhere reputable, preferably)

also a d200? ill have to check that out

http://www.resellerratings.com/

Just make sure to check with this place before buying from somewhere unfamiliar.

I would check ebay and craigslist and make sure to talk to the seller and ask for proof that there a good seller and if possible definetly opt to pay via PayPal

i ended up getting the d80 yesterday and i absolutely LOVE it!

thanks for all the input!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back