Thoughts on Pentax k100d please

ckusnierek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I can pick one up for about 225 factory refurbished.
That's a great price but hows the camera say compared to a Nikon d40/50/60 or Cannon EOS Rebels?

Thanks

K-7 would be nice but I can get 4 K100d's for the same price or a K100d and a few lenses....

This camera will be for everyday photography. Nothing fancy.

just signed up today and i see this thread...pretty lucky! I bought my used K100D around last xmas for $250 with the kit lens. I really love it, its my first dslr. Ive only been into photography for about a year, but I feel that its a great learning tool. Hope its not against the rules to link a flickr account, but heres mine, all taken with the K100D.

Flickr: Ben.Barrasso's Photostream

Any questions just ask away.

While they lack the whiz-bang of the newer cameras, they're a fairly decent camera once you learn their quirks. I bought one second-hand a few months ago so I could use my old lenses. Nearly every lens that Pentax has manufactured in the past 30 years will work on it, so some real bargains can be found. I don't think you could go too wrong at that price as clean used ones are selling for around $200 on Ebay.

While they lack the whiz-bang of the newer cameras, they're a fairly decent camera once you learn their quirks. I bought one second-hand a few months ago so I could use my old lenses. Nearly every lens that Pentax has manufactured in the past 30 years will work on it, so some real bargains can be found. I don't think you could go too wrong at that price as clean used ones are selling for around $200 on Ebay.

Yeah I have been watching Ebay and mised a few sweet deals in on the forums (body and lense for under $200)

But for the extra $20--$30 I get a full year warranty and 90 days to take it back to the store.

Plus I'll get the best buy bucks :)

Can't go wrong with Pentax, even the older Pentaxes are still amazing machines to this day and Pentax glass is second to none IMO. For that price, you'll be VERY happy!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back