Thoughts on some changes to POTM

runnah

Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok so one of the biggest frustrations i have is the fact that all the images are hosted in various places. This makes them hard to put all in one thread as there is no direct way to control the size of the images.

My thought was to create a flicker account just for TPF POTM and upload all the nominees there and link via that. Obviously credit would be given and measure put into place to prevent stealing.

Thoughts?

How are the images hosted everywhere? I thought they were supposed to be submitted via e-mail?
Images must be emailed to [email protected]. All submitted photos must include a form that needs to be completed. A copy of the form will be posted each month.

hmm. seems like it opens a entire can of worms asking people to post images on flikr if they don't get into flikr accounts...
And then they would be posting others nominated photos wouldn't they?

How are the images hosted everywhere? I thought they were supposed to be submitted via e-mail?
Images must be emailed to [email protected]. All submitted photos must include a form that needs to be completed. A copy of the form will be posted each month.

That is for the challenge contest. The Photo of the Month ones are just linked.

hmm. seems like it opens a entire can of worms asking people to post images on flikr if they don't get into flikr accounts...
And then they would be posting others nominated photos wouldn't they?

I would be posting everything to to one flickr account and linking them here.

I don't see why it'd be an issue. I trust your copyright line-toeing and such. Whatever makes it easy!

I would be fine with it, but I've never been one to worry about copyrights and such.

I dunno. why support flicker? I think this needs a democratic vote (well unless you are in a totalitarian or communist country then we skip your vote here too)

I dunno. why support flicker? I think this needs a democratic vote (well unless you are in a totalitarian or communist country then we skip your vote here too)

dunno, it's easy and has good features.

If the forum software was better it'd be a non-issue.

Would it be easier to create a POTM gallery here on TPF for this, as opposed to Flickr, or any other external site?

Yes but I still can't resize images.

One problem with that is the additional step to go to Flickr.

whatever is easier for you I suppose runnah. I am sure people appreciate the work that goes into it, and realistically it has little to do with me I just posted here to fan any potential flames along and add some interest... lol

It doesn't look like BBCode allows size manipulation like HTML does, so that editor is out. Bri is right - whatever is easiest for you.

As far as copyright/usage, I would think the user's agreement could be modified to allow nominated images to be copied to whatever service you would use for the expressed purpose of organizing, etc (lawyer speak).

As far as copyright/usage, I would think the user's agreement could be modified to allow nominated images to be copied to whatever service you would use for the expressed purpose of organizing, etc (lawyer speak).

I honestly think this would have some real headaches for @runnah. Because, a separate person is nominating the image, who will be responsible for getting the photographer's agreement for TPF to upload the image to Flickr/other-website?

Plus, I disagree with changing the user's agreement. What if the person doesn't want their image nominated and moved, but the user agreement says that TPF can download/upload to another site? Not sure I completely agree with that.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back