Thoughts On This Please !

JackSellers16

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
P1020618.jpg

No PP done because I don't really know what to do if there is anything. Thoughts on the picture and help with how it could be improved through editing!

Now here is my version of that guys edit. Same Sort of size. It pretty much was only a crop but i really like this so thanks everyone for the feedback and now see what you think of this =]

Macro-LadybirdPot1GIMPEdit2.jpg

Last edited:
Pretty good focus but subject is centered...some subjects are meant for centering, this one is not...you may have to crop in even closer so the subject isn't overpowered by the grass and the emptiness of the planter...

Yeah I was considering getting a tighter crop but I think I like this photo so much because of the depth in the pot and I didn't want to take that away but I will try that now. Thanks.

I like him like this...

...tells the story of the little guy's travels. he's emerged from nature (left) and is headed on his way into civilization (right). i cropped it wide because the top and bottom weren't doing to much for me; taking away from the subject (and his travels :p).

minor PP to the curve and some vignetting because.. why not! :p also brought up vibrance and saturday +5 to add a bit of pop to his color.

nice focus and exposure :D hope you don't mind the silly edit its 9am i haven't slept and i'm hella bored :p

Attachments

• $P1020618.jpg
    $P1020618.jpg
    58.5 KB · Views: 89
I like the depth as well in relation to the size of the ladybug? or is it a guybug?

Don't crop so close you take away that depth then if thats what you like...I like it too...its just the grass thats distracting...IMO

I really don't want to nitpick here but does it mean something if it says in ones profile: My Photos Are NOT OK to Edit ?

I do like the edit though. I was just wondering if I can get banned or something if I ever feel frisky doing an edit for someone who doesn't allow edits...?

sh***t sorry didn't notice the "Do Not Edit," most people on this forum especially the beginners section post to learn and editing offers a comprehensive presentation of varying perspectives and ideas.. and its 9am meaning i haven't slept in 32hrs and counting so i'm not super observant. my apologies.

Last edited:
sh***t sorry didn't notice the "Do Not Edit," most people on this forum especially the beginners section post to learn and editing offers a comprehensive presentation of varying perspectives and ideas.. and its 9am meaning i haven't slept in 22hrs and counting so i'm not super observant. my apologies.

I really don't care and the OP is fine with it - no harm done. I was just wondering.

Go to bed! ;)

I like "that guys" edit better because the bug is not so centered. I'd even throw the bug more to the left but then you're getting too close (and soft).

The thing that bothers me is the ladybug looks dented ... and have some paint sprayed on it?

It was dented when i found it on the grass sort of stuff so nothing i could have done.

I like "that guys" edit better because the bug is not so centered. I'd even throw the bug more to the left but then you're getting too close (and soft).

Yeah point taken but i'm not so fussed on the colour of his edit, but all in all thanks with the replys and efforts.

I am leaning toward the cropped version but I too would like to see the bug a little more to the left.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back