Thoughts

Ralo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I have a had my D80 for a while but never really taken the time to play with it. This pic is from a while ago. I did a small amount of editing in lightroom. I am looking for opinions and thoughts on what should be done differently.

LittleLightroomresized.jpg

I like it as it is really - I was going to say a tighter crop to focus the attention more on his facial expression, but I think the barriers and other elements that would be cropped out really add to the picture. So to answer your question, I wouldn't have done anything differently :)

I like it as it is really - I was going to say a tighter crop to focus the attention more on his facial expression, but I think the barriers and other elements that would be cropped out really add to the picture. So to answer your question, I wouldn't have done anything differently :)

I think that the bunkers should stay in the picture because when looking at the photo as a whole you can tell the play is in S1 and that he is shooting down the tape so if you know paintball you can tell what is going and what is happening. Good shot but try some different angles and move around to different spots. Good start!
-TJ

Looks like a good start.

I'd recommend putting a CPL filter (Circular Polarizing) on your lens. It will help minimize specular highlights, tone down some of the bright spots (like the top of the red barrier behind the player) and may cut some of the reflections from the players goggles.

You should have trimmed some of those nose hairs and gotten rid of that booger before you shot your avatar. ;)

I was hunting for boogers! I'm not very used to the editing software just yet. I do have what seems to be a good book for Photoshop but lightroom seems quicker for basic photo editing. I need to grab a book for it too... Should the polorized filter always be used in bright sunlight where I might catch reflections? I was under the impression it was mainly to be used around water.

Last edited:
This looks like a good "before" picture, but I would like to see the "after" picture as well. As someone who plays paintball, I always enjoy the faces and condition of the players in the aftermath of the battle.

Maybe you could align them in a 3-5 photo sequence.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back