Thoughts..

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by mostly sunny, Mar 12, 2010.

1. mostly sunny

mostly sunny TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    Ok.. I took all the filters off my lens-- one by one. then took pictures. To know when I took a filter off I took a picture of my shoe- Umm.. The green in all of them looks off to me. The picture of my son.. looks like it has too much red in the picture.. Oh, I have no idea which picture of my shoe has which lens filter or nothing at all..:(

I think my camera is broken.. :blushing:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. KmH

KmH Helping photographers learn to fish Supporting Member

Photos OK to edit
    I don't shoot Canon gear.

Somewhere in your camera menus is a place where you can alter how the camera processes JPEG images.

One of those settings is called "Saturation" or "Vivid" which is what Nikon calls it.

I suspect that setting has been increased, and that is why your greens don't look natural.

If you don't want to go through all the menus on your camera, you might try looking in at the index in the back of your camera's users manual for the page number for that group of menus.

I am also making the assumption you capture images as JPEGs files and not RAW files.

Last edited: Mar 12, 2010
  3. fokker

fokker No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    Where's the facepalm smiley...

4. creisinger

creisinger TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    The EXIF info of the first image shows that WB setting was on "manual". That could be one of your challenges there.

However, the colors don't look really off to me but they are absolutely over saturated.
    If these are Jpegs that came straight out of your camera go in your camera menu and verify if you applied any additional saturation or anything of that kind (I shoot Nikon, and you should too :thumbup:) - so I don't know the menu options.

If you have the RAW files of these just show those without any post processing.

And posting a series of images without knowing which image had what filter on (or not on) is not helping anyone...

Best of luck!

5. burstintoflame81

burstintoflame81 TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit

^^^^^^^^^^^^^^+1

You should set your white balance to auto. Also, shoot in RAW not JPEG, or atleast the NEUTRAL setting ( if the 7D has that one ). No making sense of any of these without you knowing what you are showing us. It seems like you need to spend a little time reading the manual and learning about your camera and what each setting does. Also, the thjird picture of your foot looks like it isn't exposed properly.

6. mostly sunny

mostly sunny TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    :(

I hate my camera-
    I hate that I don't know how to use it.. When I play with it.. I have no idea how to undo what I do.

Grr--- I want to cry

7. fokker

fokker No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    It's not really any different to learning how use a mobile phone or a computer, you just have to spend a bit of time fiddling, realising that you can't actually break anything by doing so, and learn how the menu system works and what each function does. The owners manual is your bible in this respect. I think that if you spent less time on here posting about your camera being broken and actually put in a little tiny bit of effort for yourself then you wouldn't be having these absolutely basic problems which most people figure out in the first few hours of picking up their camera.

8. Josh66

Josh66 Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    ... omg ...

How many, and which ones?

Write down the order next time, so you know which is which.

(If you took them in order, you should be able to figure it out by the file number.)

9. creisinger

creisinger TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I thought the same thing. :D

10. creisinger

creisinger TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Take your camera manual and read. For some ADD-people this may sound rude but it does work!

When you're done - read it again (you will understand more stuff by that time).

After the second read, read everything you can get your hands on about photography - a lot of stuff has been recommended here in the forums.

THEN - go shoot! Until then, don't expect to work wonders if in Manual-mode.

It's imperative to know your tool (which in your case is the camera). Know your limitations and you will do fine.

Don't expect to take a D-SLR in your hands and instantly produce outstanding images. It does involve a certain amount of experience, technical knowledge *cough* and talent.

11. mrpink

mrpink No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos OK to edit
    cue KmH to post his graph....

as for undoing.... do Cannon's have an "All Reset" like the Nikons?

p!nK

12. mostly sunny

mostly sunny TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    I know far to well how to reset my camera-- ha ha.. I did that.. Three times..