www.alipearsonphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Let me know what you think!
emma.jpg

emmabwintub.jpg

blackwhiteandblue.jpg

thank you!

I'd crop 1 and 3 tighter, definitely. 2 is good on the crop, but looks like it could use more contrast.

I like the somewhat out of focus look of 3--gives it that in-your-face feel that kids tend to have.

You've got a good eye! :)

Thank!
Ya, Good idea! I never thought to crop these! I was just real close as it's a big old tub and I didn't want to be above her so I had to get the camera in the tub to get the shots, living dangerously!

This site is great!
I love to get constructive critisism!
Thanks!

Thanks for the comments, I also really like the second one! I was going through the hard copies of these and I have that one before I converted it to b&w and I think that I like it even better then this one! I like to take pics in the tub because of the white background looking so uncluttered!

#3 made me laugh out loud - such a perfect kid expression!! Looks like you did a little "selective coloring" with that one - converted to grayscale everything but the eyes, is that it? (I'm into hand coloring, using photo oils, etc, but know lots of people who do this digitally - so that's why I notice these things!) :wink: Nice job!

I also like #2, the composition is very good.

Yep, I love to play in photo programs! I also did one where she's also in the tub where she has a duck, converted to grayscale then did her eye's and the duck! My camera is so limiting, it gives me more freedom to get to them play with the photo's on the computer! :D
Thanks all!

The second shot is a good capture of expression.

I love photos of kids. They're often more interesting then grown-ups. I have about.... hmmmm... let me see.... about 16 Zillion pics of my kids. That's not counting the ones I took today.

Keep posting!

Would you mind giving me a quick run down of how you did that with the eyes?.. pretty please? I have photoshop 7 and am trying to learn, I am hoping that is what you used...

thephotokid> select whatever you want to be in colour. go to "invert selection" and then convert to black and white. easy peasy lemon squeezy.

I like number 1. Looks a little posterized to me--was that intentional, or just part of the process of converting to jpeg? I'm not sure if I like that effect here.

ThePhotoKid said:
Would you mind giving me a quick run down of how you did that with the eyes?.. pretty please? I have photoshop 7 and am trying to learn, I am hoping that is what you used...

Gee, sure wish I had photo shop 7! I work in a really old arc soft photo studio! The above instructions sound good, not quite how I did it but I also don't use photoshop! In fact that way I did it was more complicated, I think I'm going to try christopher's instructions too, but I have a feeling that won't work on my program! :D

wordmunger: What do you mean by posterized? Blacked out in the background? She was on a big dark blue mat with weird overhead lights about 25" up and this is the way that the pic turned out! It might look diffrent on a mac though?

Posterizing is intentionally decreasing the number of colors in a photo for dramatic effect. I can do this is photoshop 5 by just switching to indexed color mode and specifying the number of colors I want--something in the range of 5 to 15 colors usually looks best. Here's an example:

P7220195.gif

Sometimes this is not intentional: just saving a photo as a jpeg or a gif can also cause the effect.

Nope I didn't do that! It's probibly that combination of my crappy camera and my crappy computer! I really don't notice it much on my screen, but that's not saying much!
Are you on a Mac?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back