Thoughts?

RossAllen

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Im taking photography as an A-Level and wouldnt mind a bit of advice or some thoughts on my photography work.

they are just a few photos i chose from my USB, dont hold back, i want to know what there is to improve!
Thanks

i wasnt too sure about number 2 as i dont know whether the OOF works or not :confused:

You said, "Don't hold back" so I'm going to take you at your word. To answer your question, I'm going to have to say, "almost everything".

1. This is about the strongest of the group, but is only marginally interesting. You might have been able to call this a product shot if you'd used a polarizer to reduce the reflections on the 'Ducati', but cropped so tightly, unless you know what it is, you're not going to know.

2. Out of focus (Badly), blown highlights, extreme dynamic range, heavy CA/flare, no discernable subject.

3. The selective colouring here is too small to have any real impact and the shape tends to get lost in the track ballast. The right-hand rail acts as a line which takes the eye right out of the image, and once again, no specific main subject.

4. Essentially as per 2; I think that you were going for something artistic with the spider-web, but the shooting directly into the sun it's all but lost.

Perhaps a little more information on what you had in mind to acheive with these images would help people provide you a better way ahead.

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

thanks for the advice John, to be honest, i dont have much money so much gear is limited, but i will keep it in mind

thanks for the advice John, to be honest, i dont have much money so much gear is limited, but i will keep it in mind

You've got a camera and a lens; that's all you really need. Everything else is a bonus. You've got some good ideas; CA and flare can definitely be attractive elements in an image, but their use in these images looks more accidental than anything.

If I may, spend a little time Googling composition and reviewing the work of well known photographers to perhaps get some ideas on how you can improve the direction your going.

i love number 2. i love the light shining through with it unfocused.

Most reactions

Back