Thread may be too graphic for treehuggers

I like your your pictures a lot. The yellow tint makes it look like you were shooting with film (were you?) I personally really like the yellow.

this image right:
Picasa Web Albums - Ian M - On Location
?
only seems a bit of random placing.

As for flower - the original photo is showing a lot of overexposure in the middle - where you have the most light - you can see it on the front of the dozer very well. The black and white and yellow tint versions do a good job a covering over this limitation with the shot.
Shooting during the daytime can be tricky when there is too much lighting and the sky is clearly in a shot - this thread here might be of help

http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/...-filter-keeping-skies-being-over-exposed.html

i have a real problem with the overexposure in 90% of my photos, it sucks on digital. i need to get in the habit of lowering the exposure on the spot. otherwise a normal exposure is just way overexposed. thanks for the help. ill take a look at that thread.

I like your your pictures a lot. The yellow tint makes it look like you were shooting with film (were you?) I personally really like the yellow.

thank you very much mvehrs!!!! i glad you liked the yellow. and by the way, i was using digital

sounds like you do a lot of shooting during the day (and have sunny, clear sky days quite a bit) definatly use exposure compensation to help you. Sadly digital does suffer a bit in such bright conditions and don't forget the flash - sometimes its best to expose for the highlights in a scene and then use flash to try and fill in lighting. I hope to get a chance to try this out and see how it works in the field at some point (once we get some clear skies!)

you know, i had never thought of using the flash. yeah, its mostly always real bright and summy and glary out so i really need to get this fixed. i will try some of your techniques first thing tomorrow morning. thanks again overread

Most reactions

New Topics

Back