Three buds & a flower.

Ron Evers

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I received my Minolta Celtic 50/3.5 macro today & took a few with it. 54C$ including shipping.

P1020545sm.jpg

P1020549sm.jpg

P1020541sm.jpg

4. I placed a black card behind this flower to get separation.

P1020552sm.jpg

Hi!

#1 & #2 the subject gets lost in the background.

#4 is my favorite because the background allows the subject to stand out better.

#3 is good - nice bokeh - not sure about the ants. I'm feel a little like the ant should be more the subject as opposed to the bud. I'm nit-picking a bit though. Perhaps not possible with the lens, but I'm unfamiliar with the capabilities of this kit.

Hi!

#1 & #2 the subject gets lost in the background.

I agree. These were shot from the public sidewalk into private gardens, so I could not optimize the lens to subject distance to isolate it from the background.

#4 is my favorite because the background allows the subject to stand out better.

Precisely my intent, when I had control over the environment ( a cut flower at home).

#3 is good - nice bokeh - not sure about the ants. I'm feel a little like the ant should be more the subject as opposed to the bud. I'm nit-picking a bit though. Perhaps not possible with the lens, but I'm unfamiliar with the capabilities of this kit.

This bud was overhanging the public sidewalk so I was able to get close enough to isolate it from the background.

Thanks folks for your comments.

I love these - especially 3 and 4.

I really enjoy your photography, Ron! Good job!

I love cards/paper as background outside. I'm going to have to start remembering to take some stuff with me on my walkabouts.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back