Three Doors

I really like the first one, though it seems that the lower part of the door jamb is blown out a bit.

Love the wood grain in that first one, the great shadows/light in the second (and the point of view), and the angle at which you shot the last one. The lines/angles in the last two really appeal to me. My favourite is the last one...I can't stop looking at it - the lighted sliver between the doorjamb and the door, with the six-sided window in the background just touching the top and side of the doorjamb, and all those lines, just grabs me.

The first is,.. ok.

Second is more interesting and better.

I like the third.

Frankly, 'B' work compared to the couple others I've seen from you.

it seems that the lower part of the door jamb is blown out a bit.

It is a bit. It was a tight call between keeping detail in the highlight and keeping enough detail in the shadows. I couldn't do both. The sun kept going in and out of the clouds.
I thought of using flash but it would have been counter to what I was trying to do.

Frankly, 'B' work compared to the couple others I've seen from you.

I think so too, in terms of single image. I have to admit to not being wildly happy about them - but then it was more of an exercise for me to get my head back into taking pictures.

I hadn't been to the Rushton Triangular Lodge for years.
It's a sheduled building from the first half of the 17thC. Built by a Catholic when Catholicism was frowned on in England. He built the lodge as an affirmation of his faith. Everything is a multiple of three. And I mean everything.
It's triangular for a start. And it goes from there. It's very strange and beautiful.
I wanted to see if it was like I remembered - and if I could recapture the feel I got of the place the first time I was there.
The internal space is odd and the light is pretty poor. And the pictures were taken hand-held.
Inside there are lots of odd little nooks and strange doors leading into even odder spaces so as you move around in there it's like moving around inside an optical illusion. And with odd vistas at every turn.
I was, I think, trying to capture that - but I don't think I did.
The nearest is the stairway shot - the flash of green light at the bottom of the stairs fascinated me.
It was only when I reviewed the shots on Beryl that I realised I had almost exclusively photographed the doorways.
I think I might go back and try again.

*Edit*
In retrospect - and looking at the images again - I think number 2 stands on it's own and doesn't need the other two. I guess I just felt I had to post three pictures in keeping with the theme of the building.
A good example of me falling over my own feet through trying too hard to be clever.

Reading your response, I have to say I did feel some kind of illusion-like theme when I first viewed the series. I always think of Escher- in through an upper level, down, and out, back on the beginning level.

I think the colors and contrast on the right in the first shot distract me.

Sounds like an interesting building.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back