Three Generations of Cameras

Well, here's the result:

Load film, and bring the double arrow to the first edge of the original film gate. Attach back and turn the crank 7½ turns. That advances the beginning of the film to just past the opening of my modified film gate and allows for the tape that attaches the film to the paper backing. After the first 3 frames, turn the crank 2 full turns. After that, 1½ turns. That should net me 9 frames on a roll of 120.

Now to run an actual roll through it and do an acid test.

I am looking forward to seeing the results. Excellent work on the conversion.

Phil

1 roll has been run through. I know I screwed up the first frame by forgetting to advance the film, so it will be a double exposure.

There's no interlocks on this. It'll just take some time to get used to that.

Time to start cooking the soup.........

Just ran a roll through 'er! As expected, the first frame is a double-exposure. I also advanced the film twice by accident. But I figured 2 full turns of the film advance between the first 3 frames, then 1½ after that.... looks like it will net me 8 frames.

0a6e4307-a0a1-4b14-a806-1d424ee7d408.jpg

Pretty good guess on the film advance. Expected bit better sharpness though. wonder if the lens elements are seated correctly.

Watching this with interest sparky. Have a Butcher 3a Carbine that would take the same treatment.

It could simply be missed focus. The only way to focus is to preset a small gauge, then run the lens up to it. And that gauge is adjustable, so it may not be accurate. I'll have to figure out a way to put a make-shift groundglass in to check it.

Tape a piece of wax paper on the film plane, works like ground glass. Tape measure off different distances to a bright object like a desk lamp and set things from there.

Well, I found a source for the 122-120 spool adapters.

Stuff

So I ordered a set (of 4) and they're on the way here!

It would be pretty cool to take a picture of something, same shot, with each camera. Might interesting to see the differences.

It would be pretty cool to take a picture of something, same shot, with each camera. Might interesting to see the differences.

That's the plan.... just waiting for the trees to leaf out.

Thats a good idea, you should deffo leave a healthy space between frames and fig8frams

Most reactions

Back