Three More for C&C

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Just thought I would throw these up (pardon the pun) as an after-thought to the last thread. Sorry about this. Will not happen again. All these were taken with the long lost HP Photosmart R707. #1 is boring, #2 is too dark, and #3 is boring as well. Enjoy suckas!

5214_115797949820_508854820_2331575_4589468_n.jpg

5214_115797954820_508854820_2331576_8073961_n.jpg

5214_115797959820_508854820_2331577_6981204_n.jpg

If anything, at least I can correctly point out deficiencies in my photos. Next step is quit doing whatever it is I am doing wrong. Heh!

just out of curiosity...if you see the whats wrong with the photos, and clearly you are right about these...why post them?
not bashing, just wondering if youre looking for something further.

just out of curiosity...if you see the whats wrong with the photos, and clearly you are right about these...why post them?
not bashing, just wondering if youre looking for something further.

My thoughts exactly. If you know something is not nice and needs to be corrected, and you know why, then go out and reshoot and then post it up.

People here are great for CC, which can take time for some, but I don't think posting up something you know is right and taking advantage of what is the right thing to do.

Reshoot, repost when YOU are happy with the images so people here can point out things that you don't see and guide you in the right direction.

These photos won't be reshot for awhile. I don't get around much and these were taken in southern Minnesota and Illinois. I live in a small town in northern Minnesota and have feet for main transportation until I get my Windstar fixed up. The photos I posted are photoshopped and not the originals (the originals suck too but aren't so dark). As for the boring flower photo in this thread, what are your opinions as to how to make them not so boring? I tried the "Rules of Thirds" in it. Tall white flowers on left-side vertical "Thirds" line, bumper of van on the right. Patch of red flowers on bottom horizontal "Thirds" line and cement on top. Here's what I'm looking for: What could have I done to make the boring photos not so boring? As for the darkness, that would be tinkering in photoshop again. If it were a bandsaw, I'd cut my fingers because apparently I'm using it wrong. Thanks for all the comments.

As for the boring flower photo in this thread, what are your opinions as to how to make them not so boring? I tried the "Rules of Thirds" in it. Tall white flowers on left-side vertical "Thirds" line, bumper of van on the right. Patch of red flowers on bottom horizontal "Thirds" line and cement on top. Here's what I'm looking for: What could have I done to make the boring photos not so boring?

As far as PP is concerned, if you have a boring shot out of the camera, there's nothing you can really do in software to make it not boring. If I were to re-shoot the flowers, I'd get down lower. It looks like you are standing up, shooting down at the flowers. By doing that, you get that road, the cars, and the other distracting stuff in the background. If something doesn't help an image, get it out of the frame. I think shooting straight on at the flowers, or even at an upward angle would help the shot a ton.

A rule of thumb is, unless the perspective is what you were going for, if you are ever shooting down at something, it is worth your while to get down lower to shoot directly at it.

for number 3...and as a general option for any shoot...
you got knees man...bend em! :D

get down and shoot from underneath, or at level...get on your back!...shoot UP! WOAH! ;)
i think the killer for 3 is the distracting background.

2 is just...shot from a car on the highway.

1 looks like it has potential for a decent landscape...dump the powerlines, and recrop...maybe like a cinema crop?...you dont HAVE to always have the same aspect ratio. dont be afraid to crop square...or WIDE...or TALL!

get out there! :D

*edit*
looks like while i was composing, gaerek summed up my advice about getting down. :thumbup:

my general rule is this:

shots that you get from normal perspective (ie just standing there) generally suck. I'm the guy who is laying down on the ground, or on his knees contorting his body to get a different perspective. Anyone can see that flower from that angle just by walking by it. Try to capture some different aspect of the flower that we don't see every day!

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back