Three pics; Great old building.

kenshabby

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
burned.jpg

death.jpg

entry.jpg

I'm pretty happy with all three of these, it was such a great old place it was hard to take a bad shot though. Any thoughts?

http://kenshabby.blogspot.com

great shots. looks like this building has seen lots of exterior changes ;). i would also post these in the rust thread in photo themes.

Thanks for the comments.

Yes, the building was just beat to shreds, but has the most amazing colors on every wall.

Here's another shot.

window.jpg

I'm absolutely fascinated by aging of old buildings. I love to think that this stuff was actually new someday.

I like your shots. I would consider going back to this building and taking another shot of the building from a little greater distance and keeping the camera angle at true 90 degree right angles. Very interesting old structure. I too am in to this type of thing. It's amazing what's out there just waiting...

do you prefer this one, railman? I'm standing near the same location, though.

distance.jpg

One gets a little more of an idea of the complexity of the structure with your latest post. A little "keystoning" but that happens when you break the plane with the camera. I still think a little further back would be very interesting...

I'm already planning a trip back to the building, and I will try stepping away. I do believe that there is plenty of room.

Generally, I DO like a keystoning effect in my pictures. Somehow, the more cryptic and distorted the image, the more it works for me. I think that something is actually 'lost' when you can see the whole building against the sky.

kenshabby said:
I'm already planning a trip back to the building, and I will try stepping away. I do believe that there is plenty of room.

Generally, I DO like a keystoning effect in my pictures. Somehow, the more cryptic and distorted the image, the more it works for me. I think that something is actually 'lost' when you can see the whole building against the sky.
i wouldnt mind taking a trip to that building with my 4x5 viewcam and snapping off some pics!

JonMikal said:
i would also post these in the rust thread in photo themes

Hey, good: someone else is saying this for me for a change :)

Would anyone care to explain to me what "keystoning" means?

Most reactions

Back