three pictures in the snow in switzerland

Discussion in 'General Gallery' started by thomash, Jan 21, 2004.

1. thomash

thomash TPF Noob!

Hi,

these are pictures of my younger brother and a view from a glacier in Switzerland a few weeks ago. What do you think?

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

bye,

Thomas

2. vonnagy

vonnagy have kiwi, will travel...

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos NOT OK to edit
    tomash!

very very nice!

just a few questions and comment :)

1. I like this shot. just curious, did the original have a peachy cast over it, or did you photoshop it, or did it scan in this way. I think it it gives a bit of atmosphere to the pic, i like it though others may disagree :). I love the bridge and layout of the shot.

2. Your brothers face is just a bit too dark here for me to see the details. just a little, i like the idea with the blurry skiers in the background and the soft look.

3. I really dig this pic too. I take it that its not your brother? :D One think i like about your people shots, is that they are not centered - it think they draw more interest that way. I think you've captured her face beautifully here! there is a bit of glare in the lower corner that probably came from the scanner - but i think this is my fav pic. The snow in her hair and also the way the eyes are captured if fab!

My only complaint is that if you scanned these in, it looks like there may have been bit of quality 'lost in the translation' but other than that - these are all winners! sweet pics mate!

Do mind if ask what camera you use and any additional info you can give about the pics?

cheers!

3. voodoocat

voodoocat ))<>(( Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I really like that first photo. I agree with vonnagy for the most part. But I still think the photo lacks the contrast to make it pop out. If the bridge wasn't so washed out it would definately be postcard material.

#2 I agree. To dark.

#3 is a good portrait but it looks like something is in front of the lens or lens flare.

Welcome to the forums.

4. bogleric

bogleric TPF Noob!

vonnagy and voodoocat really have this one summed up.

I really like that first one and the last is a great composition if it wasn't for the flare,etc.

Great shots, keep them coming... and welcome :!: :!:

5. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    I agree with the others about #s 2 and 3, too dark, the bit of flare, etc.

I really love the composition in #1. But if it weren't for the distraction of the "peachy cast" I would have to say it has an overall flat look to it. I'd lose that cast of color, bump up the contrast and brightness and you'd have a real winner!!! :D