1. iso 400 f/9 1/100. was going for a flame look with the colors as i have
named it the fire plant.
3822460046_621e13e2e5_b.jpg

2. iso 400 f/9 1/160.
3821649171_7d2d5f4253_b.jpg

3. iso 400 f/5 1/640.
3821441110_10b67205ce_b.jpg

would appreciate some honest Cnc.

Honestly, the second and third do nothing for me, however; the first I really love. The DOF in the second and third don't do much for me, but I like the composition.

I like the first one - nice colors, textures, and contrast. The second image is too centered and the DOF is too shallow (and the focus looks a little soft). Nice composition on the third image, but the DOF is again too shallow, and looks a little bit over exposed.

What kind of camera did you use to shoot these?

And how much did you crop #2 and #3?

#1 - Image seems flat...I think it's because the background doesn't look like it's in the background. Could use a little more contrast.

#2 - Image is out of focus...either camera shake or motion blur. The centered subject is making the image look static. If the buds were in the upper left of the frame it may have worked better. Starting to get some noise in the background.

#3 - This image is really noisy. There's a halo around the flower suggesting you may have sharpened the image too much. Too much sharpening also make noise worse. You could have stopped down more on the aperture on this shot to increase the depth of field a bit. Shooting flowers in sunlight will give you hard shadows...it's better to shoot flowers on overcast days. Or you could try fill-flash to lift the shadows.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back