Three-Step Flash Exposure

Hilarious ! Now you changed into a cartoonist. Was it your idea ? Or this guy was there for real ?

Hilarious ! Now you changed into a cartoonist. Was it your idea ? Or this guy was there for real ?

Thanks Timor, guess I'm just a multi-talent!:cool-48:

Yes, it was my own idea. I took a few shots of myself coming up and going down the steps on the same day as I took the photo Someone's looking at You, but when I got them back from the lab, I saw that they were nothing special. Then this idea came to me and I went there one morning bright and early after dropping my daughter off at school and took this series. The guy is me and the camera was set to self-timer.

Last edited:
Clever idea! :smile:

Clever idea! :smile:

Thanks, Rick. I'm very pleased with how this went from initial idea to end result.

Using a film camera here, I wasn't able to check and couldn't tell 100% if I was standing in just the right position for each of the shots. As it turned out, I think my judgement wasn't too bad.

Using a film camera here,
:icon_eek: WHaaaT ?!? Fi.. fi.. film ? :icon_eek:

Yes, this was taken using slightly expired Kodak colour film (iso 200) in a Pentax Z-20. I used iPhoto to convert to B&W.

I've been trying out a digital SLR this year (Canon 10D) but am finding the experience less satisfying than using film on the whole. I'd like to get a Z-1 or even push the boat out a bit for an MZ-S next year sometime, but for now the Z-20 is quite decent. I also have a K1000 and a Spotmatic, though I haven't used either in quite a while.

I don't know why, but I though you 100% digital. :boggled:
If you will find somewhere cheaply SF1n with original 35-70 lens get it. Body is a tank but this lens is way above average from what I see in practical use. With later Z series often the lens is not a Pentax, but rebranded Tamron.

If you will find somewhere cheaply SF1n with original 35-70 lens get it. Body is a tank but this lens is way above average from what I see in practical use. With later Z series often the lens is not a Pentax, but rebranded Tamron.

Thanks for the tip. It goes under the name SFXn here, and I should be able to get hold of one with original lens for not too much - just a question of looking around and being patient. I'll be taking some film for development after Christmas, and the place I take my B&W also sell good quality second-hand gear, so I'll ask them if they can get hold of one for me.

Is my stuff that bad, then? :dispirited:
Ha ha ! You funny. It just is a surprise to me, but very good. Speaking of, maybe it's time to think of own development, if, what you shoot is a regular b&w film and not C41. It is rewarding ...

This reminds me of an old poster. The caption was "Expose yourself to art."

Most reactions

Back