Three women - help required. Urgent.

Corrina:

I used the gradient tool mostly. I used a spot gradient with "multiply" selected at about 25% opacity and applied it over the the faces of the two women on the left. Then it looked like to me the tan lady was standing in a shadow which was compounding the problem, so I took a linear gradient from the right side using "screen" set at about 20%. Then I went back and got too greedy and set a spot gradient on "dodge" over her face which is probably what you are reacting to her being washed out. Next I went through and used the polygon lasso tool to select their eyes and mouths (set at about 1px feather b/c of the small size of the pic.) Next I promoted the selections to a new layer. Here i set the white point, and dodged the teeth and eyes a bit. Next I used the heal and clone brush to lessen the glasses flare. Since you didn't notice either of those, I'll take that as a compliment and job well done, haha! Finally, I color corrected the whole picture a bit as it looked a little red/magenta to me.

Hope that helps.

Not to be picky, but bantor's rendition has the skin tones of the two ladies on the left very orange on my monitor.

Most reactions

Back