Three Year Old Girl

~Stella~

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This child is a mile a minute - about 90% of the shots had her mouth open talking...jabber jabber jabber. :lol:

I was working with poor lighting - very sunny afternoon, so my choices were all shade or all blown out, unfortunately, so these were the best of the bunch. My favorite is the first one, her impish personality really shows through.

Thoughts?

P1060886_edited-1.jpg

P1070017_edited-1.jpg

3. A little soft, I know.
P1060889_edited-1.jpg

P1060884_edited-1.jpg

I like the third and fourth ones the best. It may just be my monitor, but her eyes don't look sharp in any of the shots, but they're still nice. I love her expression in #3.

The color images seem on the soft side. The B&W conversions look sharper. All the images are nicely composed.

#1 - Very nice capture, lI like her expression. It looks like the eyes weren't the focus point and seeing some noise in the shadows. Noise will deteriorate fine details in a picture.

#2 - B&W conversion is nicely done and I like how her hair is nicely backlit. Again there is some noise in the shadows.

#3 - Cute capture. Nicely exposed. It seems less noisy than #1 even though the exif on this shot says ISO 400 and the ISO on the first shot is 160.

#4 - I think I like this image the best of the four. Nicely composed, exposure looks good, B&W conversion is very nice and this image appears to be the sharpest one, especially the eyes. But there is noise in the shadows even though the exif says ISO 125...strange.

I'm wondering how good these would have come out if you used a DSLR instead of the Panasonic DMC-FZ50 SuperZoom bridge camera. P&S camera use much smaller image sensors than DSLRs and are more prone to noise issues.

Probably better, Samanax, but this is what I have for now. And truth be told I really like it for the most part. The flaws are user error (and model-wiggle), I'm sure.

These were spur of the moment shots on a walk, so it wasn't set up as well as I could have and I was only able to take a few, since I had my own 3 small kids with me. I think I could have gotten more precise images with a little more time. That said, the mother is thrilled with them, so I'm happy about that.

Thanks for your input, Dagwood and Samanax.

Most reactions

Back