Three

bhop

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
A few from a roll of film I developed yesterday.. Shot with Nikon FE and Ilford HP5+

"Aromatic" (shot wide open, 50mm f/1.5)

"The Birds"

"LA Woman"

45 views.. zero comments...

owned.gif

The second two I like. I don't understand/recognize the first.

The second one is very trippy.

The third is kind of hot to me. But that might be a personal thing. I like the necklace being the only adornment.

I like the look/processing in all of them and wish I could get something like that in my digital conversions.

Thanks for the comments. I guess the first does look a little abstract if you don't know what it is.. there's a little tent/store at Venice Beach that sells sticks of incense 20 sticks for $1.. that's pretty much it.

Wow. I really like these alot. I think you captured a seperate mood in all three shots, but they somehow seem to tie in with eachother. I'm impressed.

They're definitely interesting images... I think the graininess adds to them. Did you develop these in the darkroom yourself?

Also, what ISO did you use? 400?

They're definitely interesting images... I think the graininess adds to them. Did you develop these in the darkroom yourself?

Also, what ISO did you use? 400?

Thanks yes, I develop my own black and white in my sink and scan the negs.. it's 400 speed, but I usually push it to 800 because I like the contrast and grain better.

I really like the first one!

when you say push it to 800, does that mean you expose it and develop it as 800 film?

that mannequin is undeniably stacked...

#1 out of the three...

I really like the first one!

when you say push it to 800, does that mean you expose it and develop it as 800 film?

Yep. I started doing it because I was taking more shots later in the evening and at night (with street lights). It can kinda mess you up during the day because high speed 800 film doesn't like bright sunlight. I usually put a ND filter and/or Polarizer on to drop the meter back down to useable exposure times, then when it gets darker, i just take it off.

I think when the time changes and it doesn't get dark so early, I might try shooting slower speed again since i'll have more light in the day.

That sounds cool! I might try that.

these don't do anything for me. sorry

Most reactions

Back