Threesome

weeping widow

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Ok now that I've got your attention. I need advise on how to keep focused when taking pics out of a moving car? Any idea's? I'll be watching for your comments :popcorn:

:lmao: You got me! I peeked!

If you have specific, real-live photography-related questions, I'll be glad to move this thread over to the General Q&A forum. :D Over here, we're strictly OFF topic, where we kind of let Aprilraven and Anicole run amok.... ;)

terri said:

If you have specific, real-live photography-related questions, I'll be glad to move this thread over to the General Q&A forum. :D Over here, we're strictly OFF topic, where we kind of let Aprilraven and Anicole run amok.... ;)

Hee, Hee, Nah I really meant to say what shot do you get from a speeding car? Sometimes it just sounds like a real question? I haven't a clue what I'm talking about now. Aprilraven, Anicole where the Hell are you when I need a cover? H E L P !!!!!:delete:

Use a fast shutter speed or, like jonmikal said, try panning the camera as the car goes by. It's a tough technique to master, but if you are in a situation where you can't make your shutter speed fast enough (e.g. low light, low ISO), then panning is pretty much your only alternative to get the car from blurring too much. It will only work to an extent (if the object moves too much during the exposure time, then there's no way you can keep it completely sharp), but in most situations it will give you better results than just keeping the camera still

EDIT
weeping widow said:
Do you mean like "panning" for gold?:oops:
hehe, nope, he meant what I was talking about above. It is panning the camera from side to side as the moving object passes by.

terri said:

amok amok amok amok amok amok amok

See, Jo Cose can do it too!!

Sorry, I have nothing to offer...even my still shots are blury :lmao:

Unimaxium said:
Use a fast shutter speed or, like jonmikal said, try panning the camera as the car goes by. It's a tough technique to master, but if you are in a situation where you can't make your shutter speed fast enough (e.g. low light, low ISO), then panning is pretty much your only alternative to get the car from blurring too much. It will only work to an extent (if the object moves too much during the exposure time, then there's no way you can keep it completely sharp), but in most situations it will give you better results than just keeping the camera still

EDIT
hehe, nope, he meant what I was talking about above. It is panning the camera from side to side as the moving object passes by.

:puke: I feel a bad case of vertigo coming on if I tried that!!! But thanks for the education anyway. :sillysmi: I'm still a virgin to all this photo stuff but like we southerns say ain't nothin but a she thang. Snap!

hey widow friend!!

actually , i have an overwhelming urge to call you widder hen....like foghorn leghorn.....

sorry...running amok for a second...

wonder if i could run a ground for awhile??? makes ya think, 'eh??

i'm glad you didnt ask me about the shooting from a car...i would have thought you need advice on a drive by....

anyhoo.... so.... your working...and i am not... just thought i would throw that in.... your at work.... i am at home... fire in the fireplace, family watching *&%$@)(* football.....( will it ever end??? five days of 'score"..and its not for me.....)

ok..done braggin about being home... full...warm... fuzzy...and most of all...I'M IN BLACK!!!!!!!! (lets see merry widow... your in... hum.... lets see... oh, i know...KHAKI!!!!!!!! SUCKS TO BE YOU, MY FRIEND...!!

love ya! mean it!!

:lmao: I had a feeling this thread would go OT, so it's fine where it is!

No worries, ya'll. Carry on with the running amok-ness. :mrgreen:

aprilraven said:
hey widow friend!!

actually , i have an overwhelming urge to call you widder hen....like foghorn leghorn.....

sorry...running amok for a second...

wonder if i could run a ground for awhile??? makes ya think, 'eh??

i'm glad you didnt ask me about the shooting from a car...i would have thought you need advice on a drive by....

anyhoo.... so.... your working...and i am not... just thought i would throw that in.... your at work.... i am at home... fire in the fireplace, family watching *&%$@)(* football.....( will it ever end??? five days of 'score"..and its not for me.....)

ok..done braggin about being home... full...warm... fuzzy...and most of all...I'M IN BLACK!!!!!!!! (lets see merry widow... your in... hum.... lets see... oh, i know...KHAKI!!!!!!!! SUCKS TO BE YOU, MY FRIEND...!!

love ya! mean it!!

:eek:ldman: This is what I'm having to look at!!! I swear I never get young, body builders, with buldging thighs and six pack stomachs in here.

Ok, now I'm back I was having a private moment after that visual. Blanch has nothing on my visuals, honey!!:mrgreen:
right back at cha.

terri said:
:lmao: I had a feeling this thread would go OT, so it's fine where it is!

No worries, ya'll. Carry on with the running amok-ness. :mrgreen:

Speaking of running amok - Hey terri my dog's bigger than your dog!!:mrgreen:

aprilraven said:
---family watching *&%$@)(* football.....( will it ever end??? five days of 'score"..and its not for me.....)---

I thought liking collage football was a requirement to live in the south :confused:

weeping widow said:
Speaking of running amok - Hey terri my dog's bigger than your dog!!:mrgreen:
Most of 'em are, sweetie - Odin's only claim to fame is that tongue! :lol: Aside from that, he ain't much!

Most reactions

Back