Thrilled with my Samyang 8mm fisheye lens!! - Fogo Island

Inaka, I use Fisheye Hemi with both PSP and PS. The beauty of it is that there are NO settings, other than for FF or cropped sensor. You just click one button and it's done!
Glen

Great shots, I hope to pick up one of these lenses sometime in the near future! Thanks for sharing!

awesome shots! i ordered the Opteka 6.5mm (pretty sure its the same, as the different brands just say different mm size, even tho they are the same?) Anyway, now i cant wait for it to arrive in the mail!!!! good work!

FYI, it WAS morning, Noob, You just joined this forum huh?

Based on the position of the sun, it's LATE morning and the magic hour long gone.

Lens flair in #1 and #3 and harsh shadows. Maybe lighten the shadows in RAW. But early morning would have been great light for these.

The pic with the red object in foreground would greatly benefit if the color was brought out more.

But compositions are all right on! Very nice. Great angles. Definitely has my interest ... thanks for the info. about the lens.

Last edited:
Dozier, my apologies, but you are so far off base it's comical. Again, it was NOT late morning, and I don't know what difference it would make to you, or anyone else, if not myself.

Secondly, did it ever enter your mind for even a split second that, because I was TESTING this lens, that perhaps I was DELIBERATELY pointing it directly into the sun to create as much flare as possible? hmm? Nope, didn't think so. Yes, deliberately testing for its performance in shadow, harsh light, contrast, colour saturation, sharpness, vignetting, etc, etc, etc.

In my 3+ decades of photographic experience, I have never seen an unfiltered fisheye or UWA lens perform this well when pointed directly into the sun. For someone to be going on about lens flare in these test shots... well, it is indeed quite humourous; thanks for the chuckle.

Lighten the shadows in RAW? hehehe... hilarious!

Beautiful pictures! It's not the lens, it's the photographer ;)

I have never been a fan of the fisheye lens. These are awesome shots! enough to change my opinion and possiblities using the lens. Very well done.

Most reactions

Back