Thunderbird Falls

PetersCreek

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I made the short hike to Thunderbird falls yesterday. It's a bit of a hilly trail and I'm soooo out-of-shape but it was worth it...

ThunderbirdFalls_web.jpg

Canon 20D, 18mm, 1/10s @ f/16, ISO 100

thebeginning — I only joined last month. Nice to meet you too.

Raymond — The water was pretty clear but earlier in the spring and summer, it can be quite turbid with glacial silt. I was actually close enough to be in some of that mist. I had to constantly wipe the lens off.

The water was pretty cold but not too bad. I was up to my ankles in it, trying to keep my butt dry while getting a low angle. It was a squishy mile-and-a-half walk back out to the truck. Next time, I'll take my waders.

Thank you both for the compliments.

awsome shot...i could use that for a callender picture!!!!

that is so beautiful, that it almost looks fake.. its a great place...just beautiful..and you did such a great job capturing it....love this.

Thanks to all again.

April — That was my thought and concern while I was post processing this image...that it would look fake. I'm glad you like it, though.

Canoncan — I'll try not to disappoint y'all but living up to Alaska's reputation is a daunting task. The falls trail is only about 10 minutes from my house so I consider myself lucky in that respect. Some of the more breathtaking scenery is a fair journey. I hope to make a trip down the Kenai Peninsula to Homer in October and, with the wife's forebearance, I'll make some nice captures then.

Most reactions

Back